1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Kobe and Phil on the move this Summer?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AggieRocketsFan, Feb 23, 2010.

1. AggieRocketsFan

I just read this on ESPN Insider and figured I'd post. Seems like a slim chance for any of this to happen but interesting anyway... ESPN Rumors Link

How Kobe Becomes a Bull
    (1:38PM 2/23/10)
    So who wants Kobe???
    Chris Sheridan Response:
    Chad Ford Response:
    Here is the article that followed:

Jackson's role in this summer's market
    (6:31PM 2/23/10)

2. AB423

AB423 Member

I can't see Kobe leaving the Lakers.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not going to happen.

4. willb

willb Member

is espn desperate for hits?

5. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

6. Mr. Space City

well there has been rumors of phil retiring after this year...

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The Bulls would be too much of a downgrade from the Lakers roster. Don't see it at all.

8. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It's purely speculation, but Peter Vescey of the New York Post also reports that LeBron might not sign with any team this offseason and leave the NBA altogether. Further speculating, Vescey thinks that LeBron might become a recluse, shying away from media attention in order to train and fund a campaign to head the 2014 US Bobsled team. In addition, Vescey adds that global warming could cause skies to turn red within the next 3 millennia.

There's 3 more headlines for you ESPN.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Kobe not leaving the Fakers, if Phil comes back or not, still he is not leaving the Fakers..

10. sbyang

sbyang Member

Why would Kobe leave LA? That's the perfect team and situation for him to win more championships. I don't think Kobe wants to repeat his post Shaq pre Gasol experience.

Someone will say that Chicago or NY can offer to pair Kobe with other superstars. Guess what, Kobe doesn't want to play with Wade or Lebron or Rose, Kobe wants to be the alpha dog and he should be the Alpha dog.

Phil Jackson I could see leaving, he's got all the records, he's got health problems, Jerry Buss didn't give the franchise to Jeanie Buss.

11. MONON

MONON Member

LOL!!! :grin:

The Lakers know that Kobe will stay if Phil stays, so they will spare nothing to keep him. Now Phil may retire due to health reasons as previously stated, but I highly doubt he'll sign on with the Clips & work for Donald Duck.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Kobe is trying to solidify his legacy. He isn't going anywhere while LA still has all that talent.

I'm more interested to see what Kobe does in 2-3 years when the Lakers' window for Championships will most likely be closed and he is a diminished player. Does he stick it out in LA even in a lesser role or does he try to get on with a contending team as more of a role player? Does he walk away from the game while he is still relatively dominant or does he play until the wheels are falling off and he has to be run out of the league?

13. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

I want Kobe...I think he would love the supporting cast

looks (LOwry+brOOKS=looks)
    mamba/martin
    ariza/battier
    scola/Hayes
    Yao/who cares...he'll I'll play backup center and we will still win. It's f***in Kobe

14. mic

mic Contributing Member

Ain't happenin'.

15. MrJason

MrJason Member

No way Kobe leaves the Lakers. He's trying to be one of NBA Legends that played his whole career with one team.

I still see Hakeem as a Raptor sometimes. :mad:

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man they are REACHING HARDDDDD in that piece. If Kobe does leave one thing would be clear, he is choosing personal accolades over hardware.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Pau Gasol
    Lamar Odom
    Ron Artest
    Andrew Bynum

No freaking way Kobe bolts elsewhere. he has the championship team ready to go for another few years. Why risk it to go to a mediocre Bulls team?

18. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Lakers vs rockets

pg fisher < Brooks
    sg
    sf ariza = artest
    pf gasol > scola
    c bynum < Ming

Bench

pg farmar < lowry
    sg brown = budinger
    sf odom > battier
    Pf Powell < Hayes.....well I'm not sure

point is the rockets are a bit better than the lakers taking out Kobe and Martin. If we add the mamba. Then. I guarantee a 2011 championship. Or I will call myself a jazz fan...