1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN keep on saying we can not win.....I am sick of it....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pokemon, Apr 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Stop watching BSPN and watch NBA TV from time to time. The Starters and NBA Game Time are much better.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

When was the last time the Blazers won a playoffs series?

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

ESPN never liked us so of course they will pick against us.

4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Well, with this logic we have no hope :eek:

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Why is everyone getting butt-hurt about this? It's ESPN... plus who really expects to win a championship this year? I sure as hell don't even though I would love one... It's earned and its upHarden and Howard show what they can do (this is the fun part)... but we aren't the Spurs or the Heat or Thunder... Its about the piece we add in the offseason... hrmm.. another SUPERSTAR

7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Oh, I know this has to light a huge fire under Howard. :mad:

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

watching espn
    [​IMG]

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Even Lakers fans say this. I think the rockets are good till wcf.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

These are just haters that let personal things, biases and emotions come first before accurately accessing and analyzing the team and players on the general basis of basketball.

11. amaru

amaru Member

What are you talking about OP?

Smith picked Houston in 7 and Bayless picked Houston in 5

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We as fans believe!!!
    #%^* the rest!

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I believe 2000, but I could be mistaken. But the Rockets have only won a single series since 1997, so we don't exactly have bragging rights over Portland.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Very nice!

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

In the 2008-2009 season we beat the Blazers 4 games to 2 At that time they had B. Roy who iMO is better than Lillard and LMA. They haven't won a playoff's series since 2003 pimpn. Neither team has any bragging rights but I will tell you this we owned them this year winning 3 games out of 4. They have no answer for Harden or Howard. Their main advantage is LMA and that's it.

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

You want respect, go win a #1 seed. People have every right to be skeptical of a #4 seed making a serious playoff run. I think the Rockets are elite compared to the average yearly 4 seed, but it's still not easy to run the playoffs as one.

Hell, the posters here give the Spurs a good deal less respect than ESPN gives the Rockets. So glass houses, you know.

(Also, what the heck is an O-Mar Ah-Shiek?) :p

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Threads like these are but one example of how ridiculously bad the GARM has come. Not only does the thread starter and many of the posters equate the opinion of 1 or 2 writers to represent that of the view of an entire network as a whole, they forget to account for the overwhelming majority of espn "experts" predicting the Rockets to win. http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/matchup/_/teams/trailblazers-rockets

Furthermore, incredibly the poster seem to have mistaken the views of the pundits in the videos he embedded as seemingly BOTH BAYLESS and Steven A Smith has picked the rockets to win. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=253164So please, before someone makes another thread of how the "media" or Espn hates the Rockets, atleast get the basic facts that you are going to complain about right first.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

OH MY GAWWD!!! ONLY 16 ESPN writers picked the Rockets to win while 3 picked the Blazers!! The Travesty!!!

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

20. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The Houston-Portland and Toronto-Brooklyn series are the two most difficult to predict. You could make a reasonable argument for any of the teams winning. For Houston to win I think Parsons and Lin are the key. I doubt that the Rockets will be able to slow down Millard and Aldridge because they didn't do it at all during the regular season. I doubt that the Blazers can slow down Harden. Howard will probably be good but he is a more limited offensive player than is Aldridge. I give the edge to the Blazers big 2 over the Rockets because the Blazer duo can score more points and get as many rebounds, assists and steals.

However, Parsons and Lin both showed that they can play big against the Blazers. Parsons has to win the matchup with Batum. Lin has to be the guy who not only scores but also gives Lillard a different look defensively by using his size to make his shots a little harder to make.

I think both of those two players will be able to rise to the occasion and the Rockets will win in 6 or 7 games.