1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN just said

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 21, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

..him being about dat lyfe..

He wasn't flopping but Harden acted like he was thrown back half a mile. jk.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ingram flipped

Rocket River

DonKnock likes this.
  3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

ESPN is trash because they cater to big names and big city. I don't watch their personal shows now because they trash southern states and have no equal time to us. Lebron has been done theatrics before, but just not as smooth as Harden. Only JVG is making me watch NBA games. If they have problems with theatrics, Harden wouldn't be MVP.

4. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

What do you expect from a name like Ryen Russillo? For ESPN, ignore their comments because if you don't your blood pressure will just shoot off the roof listening to their ignoramus commentary. In all seriousness, I get really mad when some on this board profess to be Rockets biggest fans but make idiotic post. A case in point, the post of mike2k132 really get to my nerves. He agrees with Ingram for shoving the Beard because the, in his word, the Beard is a freight train coming at you (a linebacker). What sense is that when the Beard is no different than when LeBron James comes at you like a steel locomotive. Does anyone shoves LeBron for playing that way? Does it hurt when LebBron comes at you? You know what people like mike2k132 would say when it's LeBron or any other players who plays like that? 'get out of the way or you get hurt'. But for the Beard, it's a terrible play that would bring about shoving in the back; and yet, this mike2k132 calls himself a die-hard Rockets fan. Anyone who believes that mike2k132 is the biggest Rockets is a sucker for penny. A big boy move mike2k132 says; if Ingram is not cut out for a big boy movr or he is afraid of fire, he should get out of the kitchen. I can understand if mike2k132 tells the truth about his allegiance and make such comment; it would make a fun post because at least we know from where the perspective is coming. I would rather him makes that comment and not tag himself as a Rockets fan than making a fool of this board participants. I usually don't comment on this type of oxymoron post, but this one take the cake.

#64 sholaemmanuel, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

So guys get respect for throwing sucker punches in fights they aren’t involved with now? Damn, what a world we live in now.

snowconeman22, D-rock, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Shaquille O'Neal faints

Deckard likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

What flopping?!? These people are amazing with their level of bias, my god. Where was all this flopping???

[​IMG]

8. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I was confused by the flopping accusations until I realized that people are apparently claiming that any time Harden draws a foul, it's a "flop". The rip-through move is a "flop". Faking a guy in the air and drawing contact is a "flop". Running through a guy on a fast-break like last night is a "flop". Call it Harden Derangement Syndrome, I guess.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, JVG and Jackson were all over Kuzma for whining on that one.That's a major part of Harden's game - to manufacture trips to the foul line.

D-rock likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wished Yao could have gotten away with exeggeration of contact.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to consider the source, Jemele Hill isn't the sharpest peanut in the turd.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

it was so obvious a foul was coming too...if u still don’t know not to extend your arm out like that when guarding Harden then that’s on u...that’s just low IQ defense that Harden will exploit every single time

fans should be mad that Kuzma doesn’t read the scouting report

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  13. BigTex

BigTex Member

No narrative about Harden taking over the game late and clearly outplaying Lebron.

Several about Harden getting fouls and frustrating opponents blah blah

Deckard, DreamShook and DonKnock like this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Well neither are you

Mr. Space City likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

At least my opinion is based on post history and not race :p

Mr. Space City likes this.
  17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Clearly if Harden didn’t put his arms out or try to score, he wouldn’t be fouled.

Thank god the refs didn’t fall for the obvious bait here.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, is that what you "think"? Adorable, run along now hero, your white knight shtick has been noted.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Generally I like Russilo. But his "Harden take" was super lame, and not surprising. He is not a Harden fan and doesn't respect his game.

In fact Jemele Hill made a similar comment on twitter last night. (below)

Basically, these fools condone shoving because they don't like the fact that Harden drives to the basket and defenders foul him. What are we doing here!?

We live in a world where Hill says "Harden instigated things" and then she is only "iffy" on Ingram's sucker punch from behind. I mean, if you are going to have those takes. Re-asses and re-calibrate.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

When you’ve been a clown for as long as you have it’s not too hard to figure out the dog whistling.

Mr. Space City and dc rock like this.