1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Jeremy Lin's lost jumper

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 26, 2012.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Anyone else think the Rockets should have done more to retain Dragic?

1 person likes this.
  2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I always felt like letting Dragic go was one of the biggest mistakes of last off season. But when you look at Lin's numbers compared to Dragic they're not that far apart. That's not even considering how much better Lin played the second half and the fact his assists dropped because Harden took the ball out of his hands.

Dragic is still the better offensive player but the gap is not as big as many on here would like you to believe. And Lin clearly plays better d, is 2 years younger with more upside. Plus Dragic's 4 year 30 million contract isn't no great bargain over what Lin's getting.

The bottom line is Lin has consistently improved this year and Dragic isn't playing as good as he did last. And there's the added bonus of Lin earning his keep and then some. Dragic will never do that.

So while I clearly wanted to keep Dragic. I am not disappointed in signing Lin instead. He plays team basketball, is much better than most on this board realize and he is a work ethic that almost certainly equates to improvement. I expect good things from him next year.

2 people like this.
  3. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

this x1000.

i would go further and say i didn't miss dragic at all.

1 person likes this.
  4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He chose to go back to a team that gave up on him. Good riddance.

1 person likes this.
  5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Well said, and I would like to add to the fact that Lin has always been a winner and probably/hopefully will be whereas Dragic isn't really.

1 person likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

The good news is this generally something that improves over time. One is just shooting. But second is that your teammate know where you are so they can deliver a decent pass. And that takes 1-2 years with your teammates. I think both need some work. But I tend to look at it the other way. The Thing Jeremy excels at is finishing in the paint and that's a lot harder to learn how to do. Jumpers on the other hand, should improve over time now that he's 100 % basketball and has a home where he can work on these things.

1 person likes this.
  7. youngduck

youngduck Member

it was just a slow start for jeremy lin. there were other players struggling early in the season as well, roy hibbert, deron williams, ersan ilyasova, andre iguodala and other players.. its nothing new. yeaaah cuz i keep up with the nba liekkk datttt. :cool:

and for those ppl who kept saying jeremy lin is a bad 3pt shooter, go look at the numbers and jeremy lin has better 3pt % this season than dragic. lmfao.
    chek da numberz. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Why did you pick this old article? It was obviously written just after Houston played the Knicks. Lin's Fg% and eFG% is now much higher than the article states. What can these two articles add to our current opinion of Lin and Dragic or our knowledge of their current skills.

1 person likes this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

No question about it. The problem was not only the team option, but perhaps some annecdotal evidence Dragic had his heart set for Phoenix. Me and the wife just loved his dynamic play making abilities.

1 person likes this.
  10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You referring to Dragic or Lin? Since....they both did that.

2 people like this.
  11. pnr

pnr Member

Dragic had an offer from the rockets and the suns and he chose the suns. Lin only had one offer and had to sign it.

12. wapz

wapz Member

i betcha if lin had an outstanding offer from knicks, he wouldve gone back

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That was posted on 11-26-2012.

Coffee in the morning helps.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I assume you're referring to him being cut after a 10 day training camp? Everyone knows with the contract situation with Flynn that was the only viable move, nobody saw him blow up the way he did in NYK. Thats hardly giving up. The Suns saw Dragic regress after a decent year and they traded him for AB coming off injury and a first rounder. In actuality its really not the same situation.

15. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

Just 12 first games in this season