1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Jeremy Lin to get offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JuNx, Jul 4, 2012.

1. munco

munco Member

Drose and westbrook are shoot first pgs. It's not the 90s anymore. There few pure pgs now. Also Lin is fairly athletic not a freak like Westbrook but he's quick and has some hops.

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

man .... lin just feels right honestly...i really thought he wouldnt sign our offer. Our history with china, and with Yao Ming...wed be a perfect fit for him.

I think our history with the Chinese market could surpass what he would draw as the 3rd best player on the knicks...he could very easily be our best player and "the man"

Id prefer lin on our team then lowry and dragic...for marketing reasons and I think their stats are all very comparable...and hes the smartest of the group...that matters with PGs... if the stat sheets are our all too similar too call...IQ test is the tie breaker for me.

If he were to sign then we were to move lowry and scola for say a legit power forward or Howard...thatd make my day.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Meant WOULD ...not wouldnt

4. anesticle

anesticle Member

5. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Lin not signing the offer tells you enough, though he might have no other option when Jason Kidd / Felton goes to NYK. I like to sign him so at least we will have 2 PGs or a starter in case Lowry is dealt which i still highly possible, despite Morey asking for the moon right now.

7. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

You are racist.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

As of this morning, Kidd looks to be coming back to Dallas. Mavs have offered him a multi-year deal to finish out his career with Dallas. As for Lin, the fact that he didn't sign their offer speaks volumes to me. He's using the Rockets to bid up his price. I fully expect him to resign with the NYK.

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

The Knicks themselves could only offer Lin 4 yr/20 Mil. If he want to bid up his price, he would have to accept our offer and hope the Knicks match.

10. Raven

Raven Member

His agent knows that Linsanity (all capital letters) will become Linsanity (all lower case) the minute he leaves NYC.

At least I'm hoping he knows that.

11. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

lol........

12. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

IF we sign Lin to a deal like this...we are definitely going to have to trade Lowry.

13. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Knicks going to match

14. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

more from this douche:

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling
    #Knicks can match Jeremy Lin up to four years, $40 million. In addition, they'll still have a mid-level at $3.09 million and then minimums.

16. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I tihnk he might really be looking for more and testing out the market more. You never know what Toronto might throw at him. They tried to screw NY once and they might do it again. lol

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Pre-Injury, Lin was as a good as it gets. He could drive the lane, shoot from deep, rebound, get a steal, clutch, and was an exciting passer. Carried that team. Proven leader. Steps up. but I feel like he's going to need a great player to free him up in against a good defense. If healthy, Lin can plan with just about anyone. I think given our critical state, it's a good risk as long as he can still beat him man off the dribble and drive the lane. But if we don't pare him with someone on the interior of equal or greater magintude, then pointless.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Knicks are matching. Were not getting him.

19. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Of course he wants to go back to NYK, big market plus they gave him the chance the Rockets did not.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Lin's not leaving the Knicks, he's just courting offers to establish his contract.