1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] James Harden's frustration near boiling point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Feb 10, 2016.

1. SRR21

SRR21 Member

What happened to Harden's euro step? Last year he did that 4 or 5 times a game this year no where to be found.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Maybe he should try boiling some veggies instead of eating taco bell

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's done it a few times but doesn't seem to have the explosiveness as much

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

so when Dwight wasn't making an effort on players being filtered into the paint - that was on harden?

when brewer regressed to Minnesota standard brewer - that was on harden?

when ty decided that if he wasn't drinking, he was mailing it in on the bball court - that was on harden?

when tjones decided he no longer wanted to give full effort and went into turtle mode - that was on harden?

I get the concept of blame being placed squarely with harden for several factors - but you guys are a freaking joke when it comes to assigning all blame squarely on our best players shoulders.

edit - i get it to an extent. The media plays into it as well. Last night the announcers made the comment that most of curry's first quarter barrage came against harden. funny thing though - unlike you guys, I actually watch the game. Yes he lost curry once for a corner three - but most of curry's points came against other rocket defenders.

james also filtered players into howard multiple times early - which is what you're supposed to do with a shot blocker/rim protector - and dwight freaking stood there flat footed.

It's clear there is a falling out beginning to occur between the two.

all i'm saying - is if you're gonna lay blame - spread it evenly as it belongs.

1 person likes this.
  5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ankle injury? Either directly -- still weak ankle -- or indirectly -- legs not in shape -- limiting Harden.

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

hell - even Brent Barry - whose as notorious a rockets hater as Charles - noted that no one in the league outside of John Wall has to carry the load Harden does.

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'd love to see him actually reach a boiling point. Maybe it would light a fire under these guys.

8. malakas

malakas Member

are you kidding me?
    People here have made Jones the scapegoat, the son of the devil, are calling Brewer Sewer adn can't wait to see him gone and most have resigned to Lawson doing anything remarkable..and you say people don't blame the others too? And some posters want to trade Dwight as well.

But like the praise goes to the leader and superstar for success so does the blame. NOT just with teh Rockets and NOT just due to the media.
    Cousins and Love were called a loser, people are doubting AD because his team has done nothing. It's the fate of the stars.

And btw when Harden can play defence as last year or show effort in every or at least most games, or show some leadership qualities then I can agree with you that it's unfair. But it is not.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

because Harden just tells the media what fans want to hear. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

10. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Leave it to ESPN to employ a writer that constantly puts out trash like this as our "representative."

Do the Rockets have any say in who their ESPN beat writer is? Because this guy is nothing but negative. Not once did Harden say anything about a boiling point.

BS articles like this and constant negative tweets made me unfollow Watkins on Twitter a while ago.

11. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I'd be surprised if Morey could find a GM willing to give a Top 14 pick for Dwight.

12. ibm

ibm Member

the weakest link of the gsw starting 5 can somehow be the key missing piece for our championship run? based on what? just because he had 19pts and killed us in the 4th quarter last night?

13. ibm

ibm Member

^^

sorry, wrong thread.

14. Raven

Raven Member

So The Boiling Point is a strip club?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

funny thing is there isn't a weak link in the GSW championship lineup of DG at the 5. If that's a weak link to you then its no wonder the GSW are absolutely killing teams these days.

16. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Morey made the bed... That Harden is sleeping in

resigning Brewer to what we signed him to was ridiculous

Dwight is a mental midget who shoots 2-10 from the line in a game that is wire to wire

I would be just as frustrated if i was Harden

He needs help and he needs it bad or he will walk

17. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

"We're not winning, so those numbers don't mean anything," Harden said.

he knows that? why is he still play for stat?

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Overblown reaction article. Nothing new to see here. Thanks again Calvin Watkins for achieving your daily word count quota without offering anything informative.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I wondered that too. It's either ankle problems (the Euro Step is hell on your ankle) or weight issues or lingering strength issues from the offseason. He's not smoking people with his Step Daddy as often either.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What happened to Harden's dunks? I read somewhere he has less than 10 this season? That is staggeringly low. Even if accept the fact he was overweight to begin with