1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/J.A. Adande] Stoudemire to the Rockets a "Possibility"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Feb 5, 2010.

1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

more of the same.

everything is a possibility at this point.

idk what i expect to happen anymore. just gonna wait and see.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Stoudemire would be just fine for the Rockets. Yes, the Scola/Landry combo is nice, but they are due for hefty raises and Stoudemire is flat out better than those guys. The inside/out combo with Yao would be lethal.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Now that's what you call a dream trade cause that will only happen in you & jo's dreams...

4. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Well, ran some numbers. Rockets are one of the only teams in the league who you can actually add Amare to it, because you have guys who play great 'team defense'. So this makes up for his liabilities. Team defense will take you along ways when you add Amare to it's equation. He is a mis-match problem. You have Battier and Hayes- team leaders ATM with defensive mind-sets. Adding a guy like Amare is only going to improve the team and give nightmarish mis-match problem. Great team defense, with some offense never hurts anything. Another things. The difference between Phoenix and Houston is what it emphasizes more. Phoenix is a get-up the court in a hurry kind of team who don't play great team defense. They simply try to out score the other team, because that was their strength. At the end of the day it will be the defense that wins more. There is a difference to factor in. Suns get 108 possesions to 112. Rockets get 98-104 possesions. When they go into shooting funks, they survive games with team defense. The same can't be said with Phoenix. Amare will excell with floor-spacing, spot-up shooters, who play great team defense and move the ball - Battier, Hayes, Ariza, Iggy. They don't allow their man to beat them. Then factor in 7'6 Yao Ming who's game is not the same as Shaq's offensively and creates more floor space for Amare to operate and demands more double-teams and vise-versa. And on defense, Yao's presence inside gives Amare the green lite to play defense, because he's not being called apon to protect the rim anymore. Rockets protect the paint in general which gives him even more room and freedom to be aggressive defensively. Amare will be a much better weak-side team defender, then what his role is currently with the Suns. Then there is Iggy, the perfect 3rd-4th fiddle guy who will play both sides of the court.

5. ken

ken Rookie

scola/tmac.......that's sounds better

6. Chamillionaire

landry is a keeper, no way i'd trade him and mac's contract. i'd rather give em scola or lowry. don't want to give away brooks nor landry. i don't think morey does either.

7. ken

ken Rookie

Stoudemire not better than Landry...

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Well you certainly can't hang on to Mcgrady's contract. Every other team has already built it's plans up based from that perspective alone including Houston. So you don't move him, then this benefits everybody else not named Houston. Houston has a high-bargain with his contract and it leads to a back-door talent coming through. I'd give Landry for Amare and Iggy any day of the week and twice on sunday. If you don't, then what do yu do from there? How do you improve the team? McGrady's contract is worthless after the deadline think about that. Then you are left with just Landry who you could have moved for those two. You wont net anybody better then what can be offered at the highest from his contract. And this is probably the highest.

9. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Can I make this my sig???

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Just saying to land anybody significant - you'd have to move somebody significant. You land Butler this means Brooks is gone. You land Amare and Iggy, this means Landry is gone. What you have to look at is where do you go? Do you bite? Who can you possibly land to upgrade the team? The correct answer is through trade. Scratch free angency, because better pieces are offered through trade. Morey even said it himself. Guys i really don't want to move goes in the pecking order of who was here the longest. That'd be Hayes and Battier.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

You land Caron Butler and Brooks goes? Sorry but I don't think so.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Just got done watching LA/Denver. It is so obvious what we need. Size and skill down low (Amare), and another gun from the perimeter (Iggy/Butler).

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Stoudamire would make the Rockets better with his height alone. Sign me up for this proposal.

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

You simply don't, but Brooks be the odd man out for sure.

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

The trade is
    McGrady, Lowry, Cook, Dorsey and our first rounder to Philly.

Dally, Taylor, and Scola or Landry to Phoenix

Iggy/Amare/Speights/Williams to Houston.

It's likely the scenario as one guy put it. He's probably correct too.

The monkey wrench is who is it Scola or Landry? I think it's Landry.

Is it Speights or Young? I think it's Speights for 4 reasons. 1) He's a big, 2) draft is loaded with bigs. 3) He's the better player of the two. 4) They are moving a player from the same position.

What i'm going to look at is relatively simple. That wild card 4th team for Williams or Amare or both.

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Do you have inside info? You guys are typing like you know something is up

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Sorry but I don't see it either, his name has not come up in any trade rumors with Washington. Now I know they will ask for him but it won't happen probably not even for Amare.

TMAC/Budinger or our 2010 1st rd pick for Amare/Barbosa

18. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

there was an article that they wanted one of Rockets rotation players of Brooks, Landry, Budinger as well as McGrady's contract for Butler+fillers.

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ahhhh okay sorry the last one I heard was Battier, Scola or Landry but yea it made mention that they wanted a rotation player.

Brooks is not going anywhere unless it is for a star but Scola, Battier or Budinger are fair game for the right player(s).