1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/J.A. Adande] Stoudemire to the Rockets a "Possibility"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

You might be right, but the trade is a complete rip off heavily in our favor which equates to this maybe happening. Yet seems like it had to go through to have Iggy in the best possible scenario.

2. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

If this goes down,were going to win the championship :grin:

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I would do it depending on who we are giving up.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

THIS is what I am talking about. I am all aboard this train. :grin:

Hate to lose Lowry and Landry, but this trade makes too much sense not to do.

5. worzel gummidge

If any team has $20M cap space they don't need a sign and trade as they can just sign him outright since he's unrestricted.

Take on Jeffries contract just for a TE? Come on.

6. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

I always liked barbosa his hustle and he can score
    He is young and afforable
    sounds good to me im sold lol morey lets get er dun :)

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yes, but they could be enticed to do a S&T to dump a salary. We could take back any kind of salary, say some $3 million expiring deal and get back a TE.

Jeffries will be an expiring next season. A perfect example of what I'm talking about. An expiring contract and a trade exception. Those are both tradable assets.

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

True, but what if les is more inclined to spend? For that right player? either way, this deal he did not lose much for the long term however which is why it had a good deal to not pass on.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would love to do something like McGrady+Scola for Amare and Barbosa as long as Amare was opting in next year. I wouldn't need a max agreement, but I would want him opted in for next year. Barbosa is better offensively than everyone but Brooks in our backcourt so he is also an upgrade. Landry comes off the bench still, but then he and Amare can play together in the second unit.

Hayes/Amare/Andersen
    Amare/Landry/Andersen
    Ariza/Battier (I would rather Battier start but that wont happen)
    Barbosa/Budinger
    Brooks/Lowry

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Amare is an overpaid, overrated, injury-prone, primadonna b****.

11. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I doubt it will happen. Amare doesn't even like Houston that much. But if it does happen.....sweet.

12. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Amare i doubt is all about money. I think he wants a better team - bigger market - winning what is important.

13. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I think he'll like it more and more once he adjustes to the enviornment and city.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kudos for you!

15. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

I'm not sure if Amare is everything we need but you guys need to stop whining about every player we linked with. You can blame every single player in the league with something, Lebron is immature, Kobe has ego, Wade is injury-prone, Durant is so young, Butler is old etc. You guys acting like Iguodala is MJ, hell yea I'll take Iguo+Dalembert for McGrady but Iguodala is NOT a offensive guru.

Yes Amare doesn't play defense for 3-4 years, he has some injury issues. But we need offense, maybe he's the best offensive big and Amare&Yao duo is absolute nightmare for anyteam in the league. And when he's motivated, he's really good, really.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I know after looking at what we'd have left on the team how could anybody whine? The players are in place folks. We got it all. Inside-outside- a little bit of everything, ball movement, running, defense, rebounding. It's set, just a matter if it can stay intact once it's proven to work. Swinging for the fences, you have to do something, Yao has about 2 good years left, yet we don't even know that. So what people are saying is pass on the deal? thats kinda stupid. What left on the team is deserving to stay who's contributed the most last 2-3 years.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Good Stuff...

I have thought about a potential deal since I posted J.A.'s response to my question and honestly I would be down with it at the right price. I am a bit bias since I have been wanting Amare to be traded here since last trade deadline but the dude is a beast offensively while creating a mismatch at center almost every night. Defensively he can be a liability but at the same time Landry and Scola aren't exactly defensive stoppers.

Amare will not opt out trust me on that, with the CBA about to be redone and a hard cap implemented he will get considerably less then his 17 million for next year thus his recent change of mind and lack of desire to move to Philly.

I wouldn't give up Landry or Brooks but Budinger or a 1st gets it done for me while Phoenix is freaking out that will be stuck with his contract on an avg team it's just going to be to scary for them to keep him,

TMAC/Bud or a 1st for Amare/Barbosa and they got a deal.

Edit - Yea and that Shaq/Amare to Yao/Amare comparisons are not fair, Yao plays more outside and in the Adelman system Yao will play the high post while Amare down on the block and vice versa which makes that tandem dynamic.

18. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Ama're and Yao would be pretty sweet...but he would probably walk after this season.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

DM the GM leaks interest in Amar'e (which I do not believe) to try and force some urgency in Philly (for the player I believe he wants).

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I think Rockets are one of the only teams in the league who you can actually add Amare to it, because you have guys who play great team defense, so this makes up for his liabilities. Defense will take you along ways when you add Amare to it's equation. You have Battier and Hayes team leaders ATM and defensive mind-sets. Adding a guy like Amare is only going to improve the team. Great team defense, with some offense never hurts anything.