1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/J.A. Adande] Stoudemire to the Rockets a "Possibility"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't understand why Amare can't play defense. I seems like this guy should be a great defensive player. When was the last time Phoenix had anyone that could play defense?

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

A $20 million Trade Exception would be fine with me. You can use that at the deadline next year to acquire some more talent similar to the Philly/Washington scenarios this season. A TE is an expiring contract without the team trading having to pay anything. It is a huge asset.

3. LifeisButaDream

He does it want 20m hes looking for what LaMarcus Aldridge got.

4. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I'm praying for this to cone through but not at the expense of mac. We should do picks plus a couple guys for STAT then mac for iggy

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

You said it there yourself at the end - who or when was the last time someone on Phoenix played defense? It seems Phoenix players aren't asked to play defense or are told not try very hard on the defensive end? Not sure.

Then, it begs to ask, would he play defense if asked on any other team? JMO but I don't think he would.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Raja Bell is the last guy who played any defense while wearing a Suns uniform.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

So he is getting paid for telling you it is a possibility. That's like saying maybe or maybe not.

8. LifeisButaDream

If he does it.will trade him on draft day. :p

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

You serious?

10. worzel gummidge

The point I was trying to make was, who has $20M of cap space? I think he's untradeable at that price.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

I rather have Landry and Yao down low......

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

great offensive player would look great in Rick's offense, but his defense is little bit shaky, but would i want to see him as a rocket ??? Hell yes... ;)

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

What does Amare's 21/8.5 convert to as a Rocket? 18/7? Seriously, his numbers are not max player type numbers right now. With no Nash feeding him I'm not sure he puts up better numbers than Scola OR Landry.

and he plays no D.

14. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I love Landry but he does not really rebound that well.

We need a fierce rebounder next to Yao because we all know how well the big fella goes after rebounds.

15. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Sure...However, Shaq is always glued in the inside while Yao has a better outside game.

16. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

TMac and Scola for Amare and Barbosa would work for me. I am not convinced that Amare's lack of defense would be such an issue with the Rockets. Perhaps he has not had the right coach. Or even if he is just hopeless at defense, we need someone that scores points. Yao by himself is not going to be enough next year.

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Is this real or made up? Speights too?? I think it's bye, bye to Landry.

18. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I'm gun shy on getting Amare (50/50). I'm under the assumption that he would sign a long term with the team that traded for him. Barbosa would be great, as he is a player I have wanted on the Rockets for years.

19. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Here, I fixed it for you.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Well.......for starters............Miami does. And that is where Amare is rumored to want to play, with DWade. At the end of this season they will be able to offer him max.

Or what about the Knicks? We sign and trade him to NY for Jeffries' expiring and a $10-$14 million TE.

See?