1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Insider: Trade targets: Can Dragic or Love make Rockets contenders?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AnthonyJFranks, Jan 27, 2016.

1. jogo

jogo Member

I'll try from Codman's post.

Mentions of Ryan Anderson.

Tennakey?

Possibly Lance Stephenson is the disgruntled player who can play many positions.

An expiring contract from Chitown? Noah, Hindrich, Brooks, Moore
    Lawson for Noah?

A veteran fish not Jennings? a PG maybe?

2. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Mr Codman hope that radiation is doing work for ya buddy, best wishes

I just dont see how TJ is very impportant to the team right now?? he does play better with dwight but thats probably the case with any PF in the league really.

He doesent add a certain element that Smith or capela dont have , and he doesent do anything better then any of them either, i think hes a waste of a roster spot and hsi inability to get considerably better in 3 years with his kind of talent ...makes me want him gone asap before we lose him for nothing.
    And u saying theres a bunch of interest reallly gets me giddy because i wouldnt trade for him in any case.

Iam very curious of your opinion on what we need most

Pick and pop PF, Atheltic defensive wing, 2way PG?

3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

BTW while I know better sources would be preferred (Real GM). Jeff Teague and Dennis Schroeder are on the trading block. The only downside is that they need to be resigned or traded again in the near future, but if we could use Lawson to get one of them and say a Mike Scott or Thabo Sefolosha then job well done.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Indeed only Ryan Anderson. Love wouldn't do **** for us and won't happen, Dragic neither.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks.

We can handle the Spurs, even though they'll be playing hard after that GS smackdown.

Lord, please make sure JB fronts LaMarcus with Trev/TJ/Dwight. I don't want to see another game of him dropping 40 on us.

6. malakas

malakas Member

The indiffirent buyout candidate is Iso Joe. Who is the one who got his education at Tennakey? Anyone knows (I don't even know what Tennakey is lol).
    Fish wants to let out who..the only one who makes sense is Calderon and I guess..perhaps that scrub Seraphin? But Calderon will not be bought out because it doesn't make sense when they don't have any replacement pg on the roster and will just make their cap worse for no reason right now. Grant isn't ready by any means. Far from it.

Thank you Codman and I hope you are doing fine with your health. Appreciate your post.

7. malakas

malakas Member

the source is just fine. It's Mannix during the Woj podcast not Realgm. It's 100% reliable.
    No you can't get one with Lawson because there's no point for Atl. They want to save money not pay more.

8. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

If we did include Howard:

DH12 + Tjones for KLove + Mosgov works salary wise. ESPN trade machine says this trade helps the Cavs (+1 win) and hurts the Rockets (-3 Wins)

Beverly/Lawson/JET
    Harden/Thornton/KJ
    Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
    Love/JSmoove/Harrell
    Mosgov/Capela/DMo

I don't think I would do this deal, but you'd have 2 more years of Capela and 4 more years of Love, so the 4 & 5 spots would have bit more long term certainty.

If we stay as is until the end of the year, all the 4's and 5's are free agents except for Capela and Harrell.

I can't think of scenario where we could use Lawson in a trade to get Love without a 3rd team involved, but that (large) salary would help in matching.

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I don't get the Tennakey reference at all haha!

10. Play07

Play07 Member

morey should've got ryan anderson when he got howard PERIOD.

morey never put a stretch 4 next to howard, if he does before howard leaves MEH

11. Codman

The main reason TJ is essential to the team right now is related to injuries. With DMo's return in question (I stand by what I heard), we are pretty thin at the PF spot, even with the return of Josh. TJ gives us a different look than both Clint and Josh. Montrezl isn't ready to play heavy minutes either. So, in my mind, you roll with what you have until something better becomes available. Right now, on this roster, TJ contributes more on the offensive end than all of our PFs, with the exception of what JSmoov may start doing.

Clint is just too raw. So, in that sense, I think DM should hang on to TJ for security reasons, even if we know that we'll lose him in free agency. DM isn't ready to give up on DMO, so it seems, but the fact is that DMo isn't playing. And, WHEN he is able to play again, he's not going to be a 20/10 guy. It will take time, and that's something we don't have with the hole we dug to start the season.

Despite his many deficits, TJ has a decent post up game. However, he just doesn't go to it enough. Moreover, when Dwight gets the ball deep enough in the post, TJ has shown to be a good offensive rebounder, or in the past, a guy who can quickly take the pass from Dwight and finish with a quick layup. I just see them having good chemistry.

Josh and Dwight have GREAT chemistry. I cannot wait for the AAU LOB CITY return that we witnessed in the Dallas series.

Anyway, back to TJ, he isn't a great spot up shooter, but he can shoot the 3. What he does well is making a play off of the dribble. Specifically, when he uses his up fake, drives towards the basket, slows down, and starts posting his defender up. He's made some great strides in that sense of being able to score with his back to the basket.

Clint cannot do that very well, and I don't trust his hands. To his credit though, Clint is a better defender than TJ, but when you have Dwight already protecting the paint, it's ideal to have a guy who can score in the post. It's a shame Scola isn't on this team. He would have open jumpers all night.

I'm not on either side of the TJ/DMo debate, but I refuse to believe that TJ is trash, especially with what we've seen of his capabilities. He's versatile and I appreciate his work ethic. He probably hears the doubt, the speculation, but he still goes at it every night. I respect that.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Do you know what Tennakey means at least? I am sorry I am a foreigner and dont' knwo what it is. Is it a name?

13. malakas

malakas Member

Jones is not trash.
    However Codman this IS his contract year. It's the time when every player is supposed to put a max effort and do everything neccesary to secure a good contract. Even players who the very next day of their new contract go back to their usual selfs are able to raise their perfomance in contracts year.
    It is very much against Jones that he is playing like he is right now. And I'm sure that it is registered to other GMs.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

1) Brandan Wright fits all except the multiple position bits. He is from Nashville, plays for the Grizz and is injured.

2) DC, NY, BKN or Chicago could match these terms.
    DC (seem like a good trade partner) Expirings : Nene, Dudley, Anderson, Sessions, Neal, Temple , Hollins. QO: (no chance) Beal Team Options :Gooden, Blair
    NY: O'Quinn, Seraphin, Amundson, Early, Thompsons Player Options : Aron Afflalo, DWilliams
    BKN: JoeJo, Karasev Player options: TRob, Larkin, Ellington, Bargnani
    Chi: Noah, Hinrich, Brooks, Moore --- Gasol Player Option

15. Codman

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3zQoXjugxFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Courtesy of my player 'Dre Davis ;)

16. malakas

malakas Member

The Bulls beat writer said that the Bulls had a deal in place with the Rockets for Noah for Ariza but after Noah's injury the deal fell through and there are no talks of a further trade (at least one that it's not to simply take them out of the lux tax). So there's that.

17. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

Tennakey = Tennessee or maybe it's Memphis

1 person likes this.
  18. Codman

Accurate. However, it wasn't for Ariza.

And I hate I even brought Noah's name up. Right after, he got injured. I'm bad news.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Young Buck is from Tennessee, so yes good catch.

20. malakas

malakas Member

thanx Codman for your confirmation Appreciated.
    It's important because it shows that the Bulls were actually looking to make a trade. Perhaps that it fell through also gives some confirmation to the reports that Gar and Pax have started infighting and that Gar is phoning ppl around the league trying to secure his next position because he believes he will get ousted.