1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN:Insider] Top remaining free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HOUastrocketexan, Jul 14, 2009.

1. mms

mms Member

If we can somehow land Sessions, we are guaranteed into playoffs.

2. jshabang

jshabang Member

we get this sessions guy somehow and boy watch this team fly next season......

the guys court vision is better than most point guards this league has.......including the beloved cp3 or d will .......as far as court vision is concerned........hes not half the scorer they are but man can he see the court

would love that guy starting here in h-town.........he would lock up that position for the next 8 seasons min.......

love u AB, but man if we can somehow get our hands on this kid....watch out

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

AB could be our AI, play the 2 and back up Sessions. I'd love to keep RS, AB, and KL. I'm actually getting excited about our prospects with a young, athletic, speedy team. Perhaps "Rockets" will finally be the right name for H-town's NBA franchise!

4. wakkoman05

wakkoman05 Member

Sessions is a big point guard. He is exactly what we need.

5. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Ok, i have heard rumors that Portland might be intersting in trading Lamarcus Aldridge if they sign Paul Milsap, seems like the want to get tought at Forward position. wouldnt it be a great idea to trade for Aldrige, the guy went to school here in Texas and is a very good scorer

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Portland is already playing hardball with Brandon Roy. Has Microsoft taken such a hit that Paul Allen doesn't want to pay out lengthy max contracts?

Not that I think we'd ever be able to get Lamarcus Aldridge here.

7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

well maybe Microsoft did take a hit, but we could be a good team to trade for Aldridge. I mean Blazers love Battier. We can do a trade that involves Battier and picks. With Morey you just never know

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Utah should match Millsap's offer sheet so it would make this irrelavent but I would love LA on the Rox...dont know what they would ask for but if they ask for Scola, Battier and Brooks I would ask Outlaw be included in that deal...

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Guys, isn't Sessions a RFA? We are going to use a portion (~2.5) of our MLE to sign Andersen. And then whatever is left we COULD throw at Sessions, but the Bucks would almost assuredly match it.

I don't see any way in hell we could get Sessions with that RFA status.

Ask Dallas how easy it is to pull away an RFA.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Agree, before Andersen it was possible but now only a S&T is possible I believe since he hasnt signed any offer sheets....However kinda doubt Morey would go this route...considering we need a SG badly saying that he would look good in Rox Red.

11. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

The more you think about it, getting Ramone Sessions would play right into the direction that the Rockets want to go. We have a young team building for the future, and IMO Sessions fits our team perfectly. We have so many scorers and end-of-the-play type finishers, but no one to be a distributor of the ball outside of Kyle Lowry. Then, with our centerpiece Yao out, it only makes it a lot harder for our role players and off-the-ball players to score.

Aaron Brooks, as spectacular and as great a scorer he is, he still is not the type of point guard to make plays for other teammates. Sessions would be a guard who would thrive in the running game with guys like Ariza, White, Budinger, and Taylor on the wing, and big guys like Scola, Dorsey, Landry, and Andersen who all are also willing to run the floor and finish plays. Also, when Yao comes back, Sessions is a steady enough point guard to play in a half-court system with Yao.