1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Todd McShay Mock 3.0

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FishBulb913, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-mock-40-cowboys-land-joey-bosa-derrick-henry

Vonn Bell - S, Ohio State
    With the Texans spending big bucks on offense to sign quarterback Brock Osweiler and running back Lamar Miller, the team's need for a quarterback in the secondary is filled by Bell.

52. Houston Texans: Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma

85. Houston Texans: Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State

119. Houston Texans: Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State

I don't love this draft for the Texans, but I don't hate it. No O-line, Shepherd isn't the best of the WRs but he is top five. Same with Vannett.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is that Mike Vrabel's mock draft? :p

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yuck... I hope we go Ta or TE early!

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Mock drafts are a waste of time.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

They are entertainment. Are you not entertained?

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Safety is definitely a need and if I was convinced that he could be a premier started I would take him

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In that draft, the Texans would be leaving a lot of guys on the board with much more natural talent for a skilled guy and a decent but not great athlete by drafting Vonn Bell. A'Shawn Robinson first among several.

Also, I find it worrying that I can find pro day 40 times for just about every draftable guy from Ohio St. but him. Makes me think it was something ugly.

The grade that Lance Zierlein gives him on NFL.com ranks him as 73rd best player in the draft...

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Nah not really. Opinions are like ya know, everybodys got one. Nobody knows wth Rick Smith and O'B are thinking.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While safety is a need, I also keep thinking about the old draft rule that you never draft a safety in the first round. Sure would like to see the team draft an OL now that QB and RB is addressed in free agency. Or a linebacker.

10. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Texans will go either WR,DL or DL,WR at the top of the draft. That's the winning formula.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

In regards to the draft...

Positional flexibility is a major thing for BOB...If the Texans decide to address the OL via the draft - keep an eye out of Cody Whitehair... dont be surprised if this is the way the Texans start the draft...

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

They need OL more than they need WR.

WR is good only if there is a cant miss option at 22 in the first round. Otherwise, TE is actually more important than WR for the Texans.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

OL, TE, and DT are major holes right now. I'm sure we'll get one of each just not sure what order.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

If they draft him in the 1st, it might spell the end of Sua Filo. Texans historically reserve first round picks for players they plan on starting.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Don't forget ILB/SS and FS.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

At this point, it'd be dumb to waste an early pick on ILB. Cushing should have a few good years left in him, and McKinney is only going to get better. People are so down on Cushing for no reason, it blows my mind.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm fine with that ILB spot. It's the other one I'm worried about. Both McKinney and Cushing play alike and closer to the line of scrimmage. They need ILBs that can cover TEs.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I know a lot of people are mentioning wr, but are the Texans really admitting failure on jaelen strong already?

Offensive line is a major concern and so is defensive line. The priority should be whichever one is there. However, I would be fine trading up to get an offensive tackle. They need one badly.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

If the Texans draft a WR it should be one that can play the slot and return kicks. Guys like Shepard or Miller. Fuller, Treadwell or Doctson probably aren't enough of an upgrade over Strong at WR2 to justify a first round pick.