1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Should Rockets trade Lin, Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Broford, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Stopped reading when the clippers have a better chance than us.

2. Tuonela

Tuonela Member

At least I see a thoughtful ESPN article. I think we need to have two starting lineups according to the opposition (Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Asik or Jones, Howard). If we are playing a team like Grizzlies or Clippers Asik should be on the starting lineup and play 25-30 minutes. Otherwise Jones should start and we try to minimize the minutes Asik and Howard together (unless we try to shake the game by something unorthodox).

Lin should be put in a role of sixth man and he should play 25 minutes when we don't use small lineup. I think Lin needs to finish the game if we do not need defense and rebounding from Beverley. Lin gets tired a little easy and his game drops because of it. If he play something like 25 minutes against bench (without Harden), I am sure he will kill them and maybe with that confidence he will kill the opposite starting lineup.

I love both Lin and Asik. I really want them to stay in Rockets. In order them to stay in Rockets, their talents should be maximized in this team.

3. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

I'm convinced both Lin and the team will benefit from Lin as a 6th man. He just performs much better against average pg's. I'd feel very comfortable with him leading the second unit because I know he can outperform the average pg. He'd be our playmaker off the bench that we currently lack. Manu's role is clear evidence this strategy works.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Only one of those 3 pointers were assisted.

In fact if I'm correct, Morey mentioned that Harden leads the league in terms of unassisted 3 pointers or something along those lines.

5. southtexan

southtexan Member

They have a better shot at the title because they have been playing together for quite some time and therefore they have chemistry and I agree with him.

6. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Thanks for the correction. I do believe he can spot-up real good though, especially with Howard to rebound or pass as well as Lin and Parsons dishing out secondary chances, or even if someone else was running the offense. There were some dishes by Lin to Harden in which he drained crucial 3s throughout the season. Basically my point is whoever the other guard is on the court if Harden isn't handling the ball as much i think his spot up will be real good.

7. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Teague's planning to sign with Milwaukee. Lin/Asik for Horford, use cap space to sign a pg?? One can only hope...

8. seahawk

seahawk Member

Conspiracy theory: I think the FO is trying to raise the stock for Harden the past year so he became the attraction for Howard, when that is a done deal and we are clearly a contender now, we will see more balance of scoring and usage and no more hero ball.

9. gengar

gengar Member

Can't believe how many people think Beverly deserves starting spot over Lin when Beverly had a 0 point / 0 assist game and tends to foul too much. There was a thread on here about how Beverly's defense is overrated and Lin's defense is underrated.

Then again..its clutchfans where some delusional fans would choose Chandler Parsons over Lebron...all logic thrown out the window

1 person likes this.
  10. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Ummm ... Chris Paul ?

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Teague signed an offer sheet with Milwaukee. Atlanta wants to sign Monta Ellis.

12. hbomb

hbomb Member

I don't get why not Bev as 6th man?

13. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I stopped reading after that. Well not really. But I'm not quite buying it either. These are the front page stats of players when you look at their stats. The only thing I didn't put in there was PER and minutes per game, and even that wasn't that much of a difference. You guys are really pushing it hard to make your points. LOL...

14. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

How many?

15. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

How so?

16. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

I didn't want to start another thread, but I have a question.

Has anyone heard anything from Lin? He's usually one of the first players to welcome players into the family.

17. pnr

pnr Member

Actually, he isn't. He rarely goes on twitter actually.

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The PG who shoots the best 3 ball will start and play the most minutes with Harden and Dwight.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That will probably Canaan, definitely not Beverly. But3 pt shooting is a lot about practice which might give Lin the eventual edge. But the other part your missing is getting the ball into Howard and I think is the next most important thing you want from your PG now that we have Howard. I give the edge to lin on that department. After the ability to play D and finish at the basket and those are almost a tie with Howard because he is such a rim protector you can afford to have a little less quality on defense which aides Canaan the most. But between Lin and Beverly it helps Lin more.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I am glad you're not the coach.