1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Roster Reload: Rockets should chase Love or Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Broford, May 27, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Love NO
    Aldridge YES

We don't need anymore crap defenders.... and he's (Love) not a very good 3 point shooter (career .363)

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

For Aldridge, I'd consider trading Ariza. But he's probably the only player that I'd trade Ariza to get.

I'd really prefer they put together a package that brings in a real point guard like Lowry or Dragic or even Lawson though. I'm good with Motiejunas and Smith at PF (Jones can be traded. I like him. I think he'll keep improving, but I prefer Motiejunas).

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Aldridge is better, Love is much much better.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Keep Ariza. You win championships with continuity. Look at the Warriors. They didn't give up Thinpson when it could have got them Love.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My concern isn't the dip in stats - it's that he doesn't play defense and he's injury prone.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

No thanks on trading Ariza. Neither Brewer or McDaniels are good three point shooters, not to mention both are several notches below Ariza as defenders.

If you replace Ariza/D-Mo in the starting lineup for Brewer/Love our defense would take a serious hit. I'd much rather pursue a legit starting PG and back up PG, and some knock down 3pt shooters to add to the perimeter, and give us depth.

7. Mashing

Mashing Member

I'd just be happy with consistent shooters.

8. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I would even be ecstatic if we got Bosh! We need to rid ourselves from Jones/Dmo, I am not confident in either of them.

We get the upgrade at 4 and get a 3 and D PG (Rookie or FA) we would be good to go.

9. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

This. We need pure shooters. Seems like we don't have single pure shooter on this team.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd take either without blinking while keeping Harden and Howard. With that said, completely unrealistic, I'm not gonna kid my self with those. If it happens then I'll get all pumped but not now.

Lawson would also be a big get, he's more realistic, but i'm not banking on a move that big either. We just need solid upgrades at the point and power forward position, we needs more defense and more shooting.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Point guard should be our first, second and third options in free agency.

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or Gerald Green

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is probably a situation we don't even have to worry about to be honest. Love is either staying in Cleveland or bolting for LA.

I foresee us landing Lawson at best. D-Mo will, with 80% certainty, be our starting PF next season.

With a healthy Bev on the bench and a healthy D-Mo at the four all we need to grab is Lawson (starting PG) and a capable big if Smith walks, and I guess another capable swingman if Brew walks as well.
    The NBA is full of role player journey men. The play makers are what we need to focus on.

14. JazzLakerHater

I don't think I could take another season of Patrick Beverley as the "starting point guard."

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Call me crazy but my wish list includes
    Love
    Rubio
    Teague
    Aldridge
    Conley

16. malakas

malakas Member

Aldridge can't coexist with Lillard. Love can't coexist with Lebron.
    Why would they sign with Houston where two other superstars already are in the team, if they have "got to be the man" issues?

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

LOL at some of you wanting to dump Ariza

He is one of the biggest reasons why this team was so much better than last season

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Lawson will definitely be dealt this offseason and I can't imagine the market for him is that big so I wouldn't be shocked if we got him. I would actually like Bev as our backup PG a hell of a lot more than our starting PG.

I'm praying for Aldridge. Love is a good player but we don't need two aloof stars and one aging goofy one. Aldridge is a game changer and I don't see why he couldn't just as easy be a stretch 4....he isn't a great rebounder though. Honestly, I would give Draymomd Green a max this year over all those guys but I doubt Green has the stones to leave.

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Ariza is irreplaceable. We cannot lose him even if it means missing out on a CHANCE at LMA or Love.

20. kanggang

kanggang Member

Kevin Love definitely does not seem like the type of guy who could lead Howard and Harden. LaMarcus Aldridge does. Can't imagine any way getting either though to be honest