1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN Insider: Rockets are considering offering a "monster deal" to James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Oct 17, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've read all the articles about the trade. This thread was NOT about the trade, this thread was made before it even happened in fact.

So does Magic only call Westbrook by Westbrick? I'm sorry, I can't stand guys who try to be unbiased about judging players performances and instead of using common respect and calling a player by his actual name they say something like "Westbrick" or "LeChoke!" Haha! All it shows is that you have a disdain for that certain player and even if that player goes off for 43 point shooting over 60% to do so you will try to spin it into some kind of bad game. He took 32 shots and made 60% of his shots. Again...HOW is that a bad game?

Also learn up on your NBA history. Michael DID take 32 shots in a finals game against Portland. So yeah, I guess Michael had a bad game then...oh did I mention that this was the legendary 'Shrug Game' ? What a horrible game by Michael Jordan, taking 32 shots in the finals!

Just because a player takes a ton of shots DOES not make it a bad game...only if the player is missing those shots does it make it a bad game. That's why we have Field Goal percentages.

Harden is going to get the Max contract because that's his value. Only time will tell if he lives up to his contract though. Not everyone is using one series to criticize Harden, but he's not perfect and immune to criticism.(especially after he gets this contract...) This is going to be your first year here, learn that people are going to criticize players like Harden on a daily basis for the things he will do wrong and even get on young players like Jones and D-mo for the eventual mistakes they will make. Doesn't mean they automatically think they are bad players or being 'Debbie-downers' sometimes we are just making observations.

2. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Says the master I.d.i.ot. :grin:

3. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

LOL.

Not too far of a stretch of the imagination to think there are at least a 4 generation gap between oldest and youngest fans on this site. Which means a lot of differing opinions and attitudes.

4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FranchiseReDeux View Post
    i used to get frustrated with everyone on this site too, until i realized that most of the people on this site are idiots. once you realize that you will be free to be amused by a bunch of "grown" men get emotional about the weirdest things.

stay strong.

I agree with this...i need to quit arguing and just let them be proven wrong...but it drives me crazy to come read and hear on the radio so much blatant stupidity...I wish the government would censor people who loudly voice their opinion when they are completely illogical and insane.

5. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Pretty big stretch of the imagination. If the oldest poster here is 80 and the youngest is 1, I'll quit this board forever.

EDIT: Forgot to agree, most people here are idiots of the highest order.

6. bongman

bongman Member

when somebody says..."harden will not be a superstar" or "morris will be our superstar", that is not an observation but rather, a proclamation of fact. There is big difference between criticism and assertion.

7. RockSC

RockSC Member

I apologize using Westbrick on Westbrook if that bothers you.

Here's the history you mentioned, JayGoogle.

GAME 1, BULL VS PORTLAND, 1992

Jordan riddled the Blazers with one of the most efficient offensive performances in Finals history, scoring 39 points on 16-of-27 shooting and handing out 11 assists. He had only one turnover and was needed only for 34 minutes because the Bulls ran away to a 122-89 win over Portland.

source: http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...vidual-10/best-single-game-performances-no-10

Yes and I have watched the "shrug" game. I dont think I will need to discuss what Michael did. Just to clarify, he did not take 30+ shots. It is very uncommon that a player took 30+ shots in a game, ESPECIALLY in the finals. BTW, Bulls did win that game too.

If a player takes 32 shots and his team loses, that says something about either his style or the system. Westbrook is not #1 option in OKC, neither is the best scorer on the team. The problem of him taking 32 shots is that he takes away other two good scorers' FGs. A player takes a tons of shots does not necessarily mean he's bad, but when you have KD and Harden on your team, you don't take that many shots. period.

Arguing about Westbrook's game vs Harden's game is meaningless because we've got one on DISH already. We can move this to DISH.

My point is:
    I have no problem with people criticizing on players' games. I do it too. Harden did not play just one series. He showed up multiple times when OKC needed him. Saying him has no "mentality" or not deserving "whatever contract" is like when Melo said Lin's got a "Ridiculous" contract. Why so "jelly"? A player's worth whatever the team is willing to pay.

I clearly remember when Debbie Downers jumped on MJ in the late 80s saying he's selflish, unworthy, ballhog, and a bully... some of those criticisms may be true to some degree, but at the end of the day, time will tell.

I just hope that we'll be more positive to Rockets players since this is a Rockets forum.