1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Insider: Rockets are considering offering a "monster deal" to James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Oct 17, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Agree with this!

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I know it sounds crazy but I still think there's a chance the Thunder look to move Westbrook and keep Harden. Fan backlash aside, Harden is so much more efficient and point guards are far easier to come by, plus you don't need an elite point guard to win titles, especially one that takes the ball out of your best players hands and/or your most efficient players hands. At the end of the day it's a tiny chance but to me it just makes more sense.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This summarizes what all sensible people have been saying for several months.

The one exception is OKC's beat writer who believes Harden might be traded at the deadline because he doesn't believe Presti will pay him $58 million. He thinks Presti values Perk more than Harden.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Glad to see you don't just troll Texans threads

5. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Harden is NOT a max player. If he gets max, he'd be the next Rashard Lewis

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Let's not be ridiculous. Why would he be the next Rashard Lewis? Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

At this point, there's a better chance of the Thunder trading Westbrook then there is that they let Harden walk or trade Harden. A lot will hinge on this season. How far do they get? What happens if they don't win? Does Westbrook break down under pressure again?

I'm convinced that if Westbrook blows this season up by having a melt down under the intense pressure of the playoffs that Presti will look to trade him for a king's ranson and go with a more conventional point guard that can dish to Durant and Harden. I think Westbrook is gone from the Thunder before Harden is.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think he just means that in the sense that Harden is not a lead dog type of player.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

If I were Presti I'd trade Harden for Manu if the Spurs end up not being contenders in the beginning of the year.

Manu's contract ends this summer and he would resign for half of what it would take to sign Harden. Manu is the original Harden and would come off the bench thus saving his energy. The Spurs would have to throw in picks but I could imagine RC and Presti being great trade partners.

OKC could easily fit WB, KD, Manu, Ibaka and Perk under the cap.

Edit: not to mention Manu's impact as a vet leader and clutch playmaker.

#29 REEKO_HTOWN, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  10. jopatmc

Yeah....that's why you're not Presti.

11. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

how does this thread have 4 stars? there's literally no news here. thanks for the ****-tease

1 person likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

this just in. a source close to me has said the rockets and the moreyman are wanting to land a star. more to come later!

=/

those espn guys make me chuckle sometimes.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

You're going to lose Harden for nothing that comes close to his value? OKC doesn't want young players or draft picks, they are in win now mode.

If you amnesty Perkins you are even more vulnerable to not making the finals because you can't defend Howard without him.

Who's Perks replacement? Aldrich? Give me a break.

OKC needs Perk to win the west. Maybe not last year but they need him now.

15. jopatmc

They're not going to amnesty him now. They're gonna play out the season Reeko. And then they're gonna match whatever offer Harden gets if they haven't gotten him to agree to an extension before then. And then sometime after this season and before next season, they're gonna figure out whether to amnesty Perk, or trade Westbrook, or keep everybody and pay the tax for one season. Nothing is going to materialize with Harden in trade for at least a year...at least... and most likely longer.....if ever. UNLESS somebody overvalues Harden and Presti is presented with a trade that he obviously wins. And Morey isn't going to do that.

16. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Agree! Please not the bank for harden. He is in a slow decline mode. Relax and wait for free agency or draft. No rush. No rush. Slow and easy.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

PrePrePrePrePremature speculation. Harden is going nowhere this season; Perk likely parks elsewhere next season.

I'd love to have The Beard. I'd rather LamBo made it an irrelevant discussion point.

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Harden is in slow decline mode... at 23 years old?

Harden is a complete player.

Handles - check
    Shooting - check
    Finisher - check
    Free throws - check
    Defense - check
    Rebounding - check
    Size - check
    Strength - check
    Age - check
    Durability - check
    Team first player - check
    Can he be a top 5 player at his postion - check

He has never been the man in OKC so I don't know how he would handle being the leader of a team but I think he would handle it fine base on what I have seen and heard from him while living in OKC.

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

WTF? He keeps getting better. That's the opposite of a decline.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The incentive to do a sign and trade has been reduced as teams it doesn't increase a player's salary and teams over (or would be over) the apron can't do a sign and trade. OKC gets their best offer for Harden at the trade deadline. I don't know if they risk losing him for nothing.