1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN-Insider request] Two-way players to build around

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by phantoman, Apr 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Agreed. Bynum is that -meh- chick at the bar surrounded by fatties at 1:58 AM.

2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Well then are you saying that a team should build around Bynum? Just because you suck less then the rest, doesn't meant that you don't suck. Bynum sucks, article sucks, author sucks.

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Steve Nash? Dirk Nowitzki? Kevin Durant? Not sure why he would leave those three off. I have never thought of Durant as a good defender. He is tall and long but I am not sure if he's got what it takes to be a star like LeBron, Kobe or Garnett.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Good luck to anyone that tries to build around Bynum.

I am back to wondering if Iguodala might be a good fit for our team despite his deal. Probably a moot point since Philly won't firesale a team finally coming together and making the postseason.

5. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

If 25 of the 30 teams have really bad centers, and Bynum, a mediocre center, can outplay them, then he is worth building around.

6. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Bynum has been doing well in this series so far. I dont think that You can build around Byum but if you add a great offensive wing player to the equation (ie: Kmart, Danny Granger) then two of them can be built around...I also feel this way because of all the inuries.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL @ Bynum anchoring 2 championships with an offense rating of infinity.

The only thing Bynum has been anchoring last couple of years has been his knee.

Carmelo Anthony should be in the Faux list as well.

Because he is not, this list is faux.

8. liljojo

liljojo Member

It would be a pretty good team, but I wouldn't consider it a contender, unless they had a third person of similar talent.

9. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

I agree with you. They would need more help to contend for a championshp.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

bynum is a beast come play-off time. forget the stats. he scores in the paint whenever his number is called.

11. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

This era of centers are truly pathetic. What happened to the dream, zoe, deke, admiral, ewing's of the era before? Talented big men are just hard to come by these days. Any of these guys would curb stomp howard or bynum. Then you got more and more PF's that play like SF's taking 3's and 20 footers. This era of nba basketball has transformed a lot.

I wonder what would be the rating of a prime Yao and how he would stack up against bynum? :confused:

12. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

So true. And it sucks. And the classic 4s like Malone, Barkley, Garnet and Duncan are disappearing too. 4s and 5s are definitely becoming more face up perimeter orientated than the traditional low post back to the basket orientation we used to see. And it sucks.

Howard and Blake will be the last remaining "classical/traditional" bigs.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

nowhere,k pointless player to add to Howard, they need a pf like patterson, good range, solid defender, doesn't go near the post ever.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

This article needs some Morey on it.

No wonder it's an "insider" because it's to crappy for the general public.

15. seeingred

seeingred Member

i liked the article, but like everyone else, i want to see 30 or 40 more names just out of curiosity. clearly his point was not to measure all the well-known "franchise players" but more to stack up a few "2nd tier stars" against supposed superstars.

i've been pushing iggy to the rockets for years but i think we just "can't get there from here" without a three team deal. the dream scenario for me is packaging a deal around scola for iggy that gets us lowry, martin, iggy, and patterson as our starting 1-4. that unit is solid both ways. iguodala would be asked to guard the other teams' best wing and simply slash and facilitate on offense (kind of what i thought terrence williams would be doing by now).

but philly is full on into their youth movement (hence wanting to trade "old man" iggy to make room for turner) and has no use for scola. they'd probly do it for a williams + patterson + filler, but that seems too steep unless we hit a home run in this draft. add that to the fact that andre is battling a chronic condition (chondromalacia) and i just don't see it happening.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bynum is way overrated in this article. If Bynum is thatgoodid like to know the ratings for Marc gasol or Andrew bogut

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If it weren't for the injuries, I would take Bynum over any center other than DH. Bynum can score on anyone not name Yao, and he plays great defense. He just doesn't get any credit because of how good Kobe and Gasol are on offense. The Lakers would not be champs without Bynum.