1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider]Next Moves for Rockets and Heat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I am as disappointed as everyone, but you can't deny Morey and his team are working there butts off to acquire somebody. If not this offseason, by the trading deadline. We ALL need to relax right now.

2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The worst off season ever.

3. haydenfisher342

what you going to aim it at?

4. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

So you are saying that we have to wait that long to be a contender???? Sorry but that effing sucks

5. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

It's kinda hard to relax when waiting for a contender. I bleed red nation red as much as anyone but I am tired of first round let downs. I am tired of comcast dictating my viewership of my favorite team. I am tired of heartbreak after heartbreak.

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

No, there is another possibility. I never ... ever ... thought I would say this, but we could sign Andre Blatche on a short, cheap contract. He is a lazy head case, but he can be a solid defender and has excellent shooting ability from rim to 3-point land. He's also 6-11 and only 28 -- not exactly a Durant stopper but better than most. Until D-Mo and T-Jo develop, he could be an adequate stop-gap.

#26 thumbs, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  7. newAge_Rockets

No, we aren't waiting that long. Morey knows we gotta take advantage of Howard's prime, and that poster was being sarcastic.

8. newAge_Rockets

There will be a trade for a PF (Anderson or Smith) or a PG in the next hours, then we match Parsons.

You can't lose talent for nothing in the NBA, and you might as well go all out and get as much talent as you possibly can.

9. bford

bford Member

ugh... I think you have to match Parsons.... and then he has to keep improving..

Finally, can you convince Harden to become more of a two way player.... that and feed the ball down low to D12 more...

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

We can always hope that our D-League players quickly blossom into quality players. Canaan, Covington, Daniels, Johnson. And then we have our Euro players.

11. Fantasma Negro

Screw it if we can't a big three let build depth. Sign Andray Blatche, Evan Turner, Michael Beasley, and Jermaine O'Neal. And Paul Pierce for vet leadership. With Nick Johnson at point that's a nice second unit. It didn't make sense to pay Bosh the max anyway that would've been Kelvin Cato Jr in two years

12. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

TBH Gasol is not someone that I would go after at this point. We need a big man to play behind Howard and we need a PG. I think that we should try to make an offer to Greg Monroe or Eric Bledsoe. Then we need to fill out the roster with guys like Birdman, Deng, Ariza, Aminu, Blatche, etc.

1 person likes this.
  13. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

This is true. Be patient guys. Looks bad but all will be fine.

14. sun12

sun12 Member

Cavs is the #1 favorite to win the 2015 NBA championship according to the Vegas betting line.

Without Bosh, Rox can't beat the Trailblazers.

Rox has regressed without Asik, Lin, and possibly Parsons.

You got to kid yourself if you think Rox improved without Asik, Lin, and possibly Parsons.

1 person likes this.
  15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Talking point on here for the rest of the offseason: "we can't blame Morey, atleast he tried to get a 3rd star"

But I'm not accepting that lame azz excuse. We didnt need a 3rd star. We needed solid, fundamentally sound role players at positions of need. Once Melo was out the picture, the strategy should've shifted to filling out roster. Bosh doesn't even deserve the max. Yet we wasted our offseason chasing him lol. I WARNED against doing this and even made a thread on it, in which ppl said this would never happen to their lord Morey. Now that's it's happened, its "don't blame Morey, he tried his best". Just calling a spade a spade

1 person likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Blazers won in large parts thanks to the Refs. Lets be real here on that, LMA got calls he never should have got and on the other hand Harden couldn't get a call to save his life.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So basically...we are screwed

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Seeing Jermaine O'Neal and Marcus Camby run a full court race would be fun. We could take bets on who could cover the distance within a 60-second time frame.

If we could get Blatche and Turner ... and possibly Beasley ... for short, cheap contracts, we would be well served. Of course, Blatche and Beasley would be competing for the laziest Rocket 2014-15 title.

20. King901

King901 Member

A few calls doesnt cover the fact that he was making his shots. He lit us up badly.