1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] NBA Trade Review

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by corby, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Can someone with ESPN insider please post the entire article on NBA dish board so we could see how the rest of the NBA teams were evaluated?

2. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I'll straight-up state my views on Rafer: he's not great, but we could do a hell of a lot worse. I'm not his biggest fan, but, out of what we have, I'm glad he's our starting PG. The problem with Rafer priase/criticism is that people fail to acknowledge that Rafer is prone to streaks -- when he's on, he's ON (and has many people jumping on the waygon). When he's not, he's AWFUL (and they fall off). That is what makes him such a controversial player (well, at least for rabid Rockets fans). His FG% and 3PT% aren't that bad until you consider how streaky he is; if he was consistiently shooting that, you could create a game plan around him (and through him). Fact is, Rafer is a player who the Rockets simply can't rely on. It's kind of like waiting for Andy Pettitte to make his decision on whether or not he was going to play at ALL. And, like the Astros, the Rockets need to go after other options. If we lose Rafer -- a valuable player and a solid backup PG -- in the process, so be it. We may have lost a decent player, but he's simply not a permanent option as a starter unless he improves his consistency.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Well James is now back in the starting lineup ... atleast he was tonight. I think Randy Wittman has said he's trying to get the right combination there, and he tried James back as the starter. He shot well and Randy Foye was outstanding off the bench and the Timberwolves won in Sacramento. They're a long shot for the 8th spot fighting it out with the Clippers, Warriors and Hornets.

I hate hearing this. I was a little worried because James, who had been getting about 10-12 minutes a night for like 10+ games straight, had gotten bigger minutes (30+) in the previous two, albeit off the bench. I prefer Minnesota misses the playoffs, James plays as few of minutes as possible and Minnesota looks to move him in the offseason. No matter if you want him or not (some hate him), we all want to see his value low on the market :)

4. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

In that case we'll just have to settle for Francis... ;)

5. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

I'm cracking up here. I think you are safe man. After all he did play less minutes as a starter tonight than he has been off the bench (22:16 tonight). Even if they make the playoffs, and he plays more, my intuition says that he'll still be a bargain. I can see you drooling now as he beats up a ref in game 3.

#85 BrockStapper, Mar 22, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2007