1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN insider(mention of rockets as a possible landing spot for Maggette?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steefrancis, Jan 4, 2007.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

lol, carlos can't shoot or defend. they'll have a lot of time to talk on the bench.

2. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

Why Bonzi, this guy is a Spurs killer, I am a little superstitious, but we should keep him for the playoffs.
    I think we need a good backup of Alston, JL is Ok, but just Ok, he is too short and can't play good defense

3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Um...I don't want 30 turnovers every game. Plus his field goal percentage so far makes Rafer look like Reggie Miller.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's always been a streaky player and shooter.
    CM's a 32% 3 point guy for his career.Every year but his rookie year he's shot at least 30% from 3.Injuries have contributed to this start.....
    With the wide open looks and extra flushes he'd see on the Rockets......I could see Maggette shooting 36 - 38 % from 3 and 47 - 49 % from the field.

#64 Plowman, Jan 4, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i jizzed myself when nikestrad brought to light a semi-realistic possibility of landing bibby. i'm not even going to think about it how awesome that would be anymore.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I don't want a 32% career 3-point shooter taking 3's on this team. That's a pretty bad percentage in case you didn't notice. Anything lower than that and he'd probably be asked to stop shooting them altogether, which would be fine with me since his strength is driving and getting to the line (something we often lack).

Rafer, Tracy, Shane, Luther, and Bonzi (yes, Bonzi) all have higher career 3PT%'s.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

LOL. That's funny. It's too good to be true though (the Bibby thing, not the jizzing yourself thing).

8. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Bibby would be great to have. I love his pick and roll game. Not going to happen though.

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

sounds like that.

10. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

I agree, Hayes is a good bench player, absolutely not a playoff starter.

i know im going to be bashed for saying this, and that 98% of clutchfans will flame me, but Chuck Hayes is overated. yes, i said it. you all say, "he hustles, he tries so hard!"... but, isn't that what we said about Ryan Bowen? I know alot of you liked him too, but when it comes to a championship caliber team, there is no place for them. Don't throw hayes away, but with this guy who has little potential to play better than he has so far- trade him. I cannot stand his constant fouling... YOU want the Rockets to get the championship- and i will tell you now, that with Chuck as a starter for this team, it ain't gonna happen :rolleyes:
    ( im ready to be flamed now ;) )[/QUOTE]

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

[/QUOTE]

He's making $600,000 this year and giving us 7 boards and very good post defense. He's a steal.

12. battousai

battousai Member

I will do it with wells and sura contracts if those matched with CM.

CM would be an upgrade over synder and head at the starting 2. however, i would first try to push us to get a better PG or a real PF type of player.

getting Cm with just wells and sura is great and it matches with what JVG had said recently that sura is done.

13. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Also, Ryan Bowen was awful offensively, and at least Chuck Hayes can grab offensive rebounds and convert them into layups or foul shots (or open three pointer). Too many times in R2K's highlights that I've seen Ryan Bowen take the jumpshot and pray to god that it goes in. I'd much rather have a layup.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Another quality swingman like CM or Mo Pete would allow us to run Battier more at the PF position and allow us to match up better against teams like Phoenix. I think I'd really like to move Sura's contract and the #1 pick for Mo Pete and just keep Bonzi if Bonzi comes back healthy and plays. But we are obviously going to lose Bonzi after this season. There is no way he doesn't opt out and when he does opt out, somebody is going to offer him MLE. We aren't going to give him that. So, we are going to eventually lose him for nothing anyways. And especially if he doesn't get healthy and start giving us 25 or so quality minutes per game, then it doesn't make sense to keep him if we could acquire Maggette with him and Sura's contracts.

If we were able to acquire Maggette for Sura and Bonzi, we would have McGrady, Battier, Maggette, Snyder, Hayes, and Head sharing minutes at the 2,3,4 spots. There's more than enough minutes to go around for those guys and they will all stay fresh, especially with Head dropping over to PG when Rafer goes out. Head gets 10 minutes at SG, Hayes gets 20 minutes at PF. That leaves plenty of minutes for the rest to be on the floor.

I would trade for either Maggette or Mo Pete.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[/QUOTE]
    It isn't just about trying with Chuck, he gets things done. Our victory against the Spurs was do in no small part to Chuck's defense on Duncan. Yes, he wasn't the only one that helped out on Duncan, and they all deserve credit, but Hayes was very successful in what he did.

Hayes does so many little things that result in positives for our team. I remember in the Atlanta game a larger player was backing down Head in the post, and Hayes stepped over, and the help defense enabled the Rockets to get a steal.

Hayes does try hard, and hussle, but he is also successful a lot of the time, and does things that help our team but may not show up in a stat box.

Even on offense he makes great cuts to the basket, far better than Rybo did. He can get offensive rebounds and give our team more opportunities to score far better than Rybo did. He is an asset to our team.

He isn't a top tier starting PF, but the guy is valuable for the Rockets.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It isn't just about trying with Chuck, he gets things done.

He isn't a top tier starting PF, but the guy is valuable for the Rockets.[/QUOTE]

CH would be a valued roster addition to any team.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

My toughts too. If we want to win this year, we gotta get a better PG or PF. Trading for CM with our expiring contracts is not a bad move for the value though.

18. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I do not care what happens to Maggette as long as the SPURS or the JAZZ do not get him.

19. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

we need a back up Center first and foremost.....we have enouhg pg/sg once snyder comes back.....but if we can get him for cheap, i'd do it....

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

^
    rockets have the best backup center in the league.

i'd rather have another, bigger, PF