1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN Insider] Harden, Lin starting to figure it out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Arthurprescott2, Dec 31, 2012.

1. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I think Lin's gonna need booster rockets for that to happen. :grin:

Has Lin even dunked with the Rockets yet? I think I saw him dunk once with the Knicks.

2. nimzoray

nimzoray Member

I believe he has, but I can't remember which game. :eek:

3. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

From last years training camp with Rockets, pre-knee operation. He has a least one dunk in game this season with the Rockets. Sorry don't know how to embed Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQktK_kAMk

4. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

It might be good to be under the radar! :)

Happy New Year to all!

5. RioFan

RioFan Contributing Member

6. langal

langal Contributing Member

7. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I have to agree with Dei on one point: Lin is playing better, himself. Because he's starting to get his full 'burst' back from the knee issues.

As Dei said, Jeremy is actually finishing drives now, rather than stopping, doing that pivot move, etc.

Of course, Harden and Lin are playing better together. It takes time. Just ask Wade and LeBron.

8. zazinteractive

9. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hQHTFTkpJew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, Lin alley oop :eek:

10. Dei

Dei Member

Says the article... one journalist... who's human.

11. Dei

Dei Member

Yes. I just don't want these people piling up Lin's poor play early on the season on the coaching staff by what we know now. We'll never hear the end of it. Anytime somebody brings up Lin playing poorly at the beginning, they'll just blame the coaches because they would've buried the truth by then (truth that there's nothing to tell it either way). If the coaching staff actually says that they made those adjustments, that's another thing.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If Lin ever develops a consistent 3pt shot, this tandem could be lethal. They're both already good at finishing inside and in transition. It almost wouldn't be fair if they could both light it up from outside.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL thanks y'all

Pretty much. People will never agree which came first but I think we can all agree that his increase in production (while still inconsistent) is a good thing overall. I also think health played a factor as well.

14. zdrav

zdrav Member

Most guards can develop a 3pt shot if they work at it. Lin won't ever be great at it, but he'll become much better than he is now.

15. Jedster

Jedster Member

Did you hear the commentators on Jason Kidd when they played New York? They were saying Kidd couldn't shoot early on, but now he's a lethal 3 point shooter.

I think it's premature to use the words 'won't ever'.
    I'm pretty sure if you practiced shooting 200 3's a night, you'll be great at it too, so let's not get all psychic about Lin. :grin:

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My friends here who don't understand why I hate the Spurs so much, can possibly understand my sheer distaste to their fans' incredibly, insulting stupidity to the game of basketball as to suggest Lin is jackworthy as Ginobody, as if Ginobody is anywhere close to Drexler...or Robinson is to Olajuwon ... or ...

did I say....

,,,like Ginobody is anywhere CLOSE to Harden...

Spurs fans are so stupid. And Ginobody is a p***y for not telling his coach he wanted to play on National Television against the best.

Vaya mariconada, Manu. Pero como siempre has tenido mucha aficion para ese tipo de timo estilo argentino, tampoco me sorprende mucho. Uno solo se puede preguntarse a su mismo "que mas le obliga hacerle al Popovich que Manu le facilita con mucho gusto?" Y ademas televisado tu mariconaje sinverguenza.

pussay!!

17. zdrav

zdrav Member

But it took Kidd his entire career to develop a shot. And even players like Jordan never became decent 3pt shooters.

I think Novak shoots about 600 3s a day. I don't think 200 is gonna cut it...

18. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Gotta shut dat 3balll Linnnnnnnnnn

That was the most r****ded typing ever.

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

If I remember correctly, everything started after the 38pts burst in the SA game... after that game the coaches really started to give lin the ball... So it is safe to say that his increased production was because coaches trusted him more...

20. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Can't wait to see it play out!! All I know is if complemented by a solid front court, this backcourt can be the future of Rockets basketball for a decade!!