1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Insider from Chad Ford

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tharges, Jan 14, 2010.

1. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

You know, there is a guy on the team that is 7' 6" and plays in the post that The Rockets will be getting back next season. How does Chris Bosh fit into that team? Yao doesn't get enough touches as it is. There is not enough ball for Bosh and Yao. Bosh took 1,263 shots in 77 games last season which is over 16. He is just under 16 attempts again this year. Yao last year in the same amount of games took 1,032 shots or 13.4 per game. Unless Yao is planning to be David Robinson to Bosh's Tim Duncan for the rest of his career, I don't see how that could possibly work.

And saying you wouldn't want Hamilton in that deal is beyond me. The guy would work off that curl move to perfection AND be able to hit that mid-range shot. Chuck Hayes could average 5 or 6 assists with Hamilton. He is automatic from the foul line and keeps the defense honest on every play. If you are basing your judgement on this season alone, the guy was injured, it will take some time to get back.

Besides that, wait until Aaron Brook's agent gets a hold of The Rockets after NEXT season. He will definitely want something in the neighborhood of $8.5 to $11 Million per. I figure it will take at least $8 to lockup Landry and another $6.5 for Scola.

2. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Actually, pairing Bosh with Yao makes this team more versatile, and makes it a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses. Imagine if Pau Gasol was paired with an Andrew Bynum that had the offensive versatility of Yao? Then you get an idea of how good Yao/Bosh could be. You can start the game with Yao/Bosh and establish your half-court set. Yao playing in the post with Bosh facing up or both making plays for other players off the elbows. When you want to speed the game up you move Bosh to Center, insert Landry/Scola (whoever is left) at PF and run. The great thing though is that you don't lose your post up ability with Bosh. Also remember that Yao, IMO, will not be playing the kind of minutes we're used to him playing. I also don't think Yao will have a problem deferring to Bosh, if it means he doesn't have to take the beatings he used to.

I would say that if the Rocket's are left to choose between taking a guy like Rip or seeing what the free agent market brings, then I'd choose the latter. I do agree that his game is well suited for Adelman's system, but I believe McGrady's contract should be used for a player in their prime, if possible.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i dont really even want bosh cause he's soft but anyways he would work with yao dude yao get doubled all the time that leaves bosh open j's he can knock down

and no to hamilton past his prime and his contract sucks