1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Howard destinations, Houston mentioned as facilitator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

At least if we get Matt barnes his wife or whoever that chick he is with comes 2 Houston lol...on a serious not this trade wouldn't b that bad 4 us we could have potentially 3 1st round picks we can or should b able 2 move in the top 3 in the draft easy and maybe we swing another deal 4 d-will or sumbody else and D-mo would still come next year Matt barnes is a solid player I hate him 2 though but I noe one thing wait 4 it........in morey we trust lol

1 person likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Always a Bridesmaid . . . never a bride.
    The Houston ChampionMakers

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Let us keep Parsons, and I'm happy with that trade.

4. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Sounds like you have a small dick.

That trade was almost 8 years ago you dumbass. But keep hanging your hat on that....and while you are at it go join a Seattle SuperSonics forum so you can discuss some more of your relevant material....

....in other words, don't come at me bro.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yay we get Matt the punk ass biach Barnes

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uh, why the hell would we ship out dragic and parsons for barnes and a lakers pick? If they also include the Dallas pick on top of that and make Orlando take Barnes' contract I might do it.

You upgrade Scola into Gasol, and get two first rounders (making it a possible 4 first rounders) in the draft.

7. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

The only bright spot in this proposal is that it would free up space for Marcus Morris

8. CertifiedTroll

The thought of having Barnes on our team makes me want to hurl.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Why, so Dwight can bail next year to pursue his acting career, while we are left with Hedo's contract, no draft pick and a team in shambles?

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I'm ok with this.

11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Excuse the double post, I cant edit.

If Rockets do this, they will have 17 million to spend in the off season. Some would go to Courtney Lee and the rest could possibly go to someone else. We're probably gonna bring back Donuts(17th or so pick in the '11 draft) from Poland or wherever the F he's playing, the Marcus Morris dude who doesnt know whether he's a 3 or a 4(he's a 4) and then the NYKs 1st round pick. Oh and if we miss the playoffs we get our pick from the Nets back. So if we miss the playoffs we'll have 3 first round picks. We can probably package those picks along with a filler player(Dalembert maybe?) to get a higher pick and draft a beast ass player and sdfhsahfgsahfgasf

So we'll probably have 9 to 14 million to spend in the off season.

Oh, and I think Rockets can buy out Dalembert's 7 million dollar contract so thats even more money to spend.

Of course these are the positives and I dont even care what the Rockets do anymore. Im fed up with the way this team is structured.

Do this trade, miss playoffs on purpose, package 3 1st round draft picks & Marcus Morris for top 5 pick, Pick up a good player in free-agency, rockets get back into the mix of being competitive.

Plus I dont mind Scola winning a 'ship and Kobe winning his 6th with.... a dominant big man again lol.

12. krouchchocolate

When is the trade deadline?

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The Laker deal simply isn't happening unless Kobe convinces Dwight to sign there long-term and Dwight is holding out for playing with DWill long-term. Lakers have no way to get DWill to LA unless DWIll is willing to take less than the max for a couple years because Kobe's contract is too big when combined with Dwight's max deal, even if they clear the whole roster.

Bottom line: Dwight is not going to be traded to the Lakers without him committing to stay there. LA is not willing to move both Bynum and Gasol without that commitment.

So, let's say Dwight commits to the Lakers long term and we get Gasol and we lose martin/Scola/etc. What that means is we have Pau at approximately $21.85 mill for 2012/13, along with Lowry at $5.75 mill, PPat at $2.1 mill, Morris at $1.96 mill, Bud at $942k, Smith at around $1 mill, and Parsons at around $1mill. (We let Lee walk in this scenario since Dwight is gone and we were using Lee as Dwight attractant.) That's a total salary of less than $34.5 million. That leaves us with over $23 Million to sign a couple guys.

So, here's the other part about this ESPN trade....if LAL locks down Dwight, guess what....NJ is forced to trade DWill for whatever they can get, otherwise they lose him to Dallas for nothing. DWill ain't staying in NJ by hisself with a bunch of stiffs up there. The Dwight/DWill dream is dead because DWight is committed to the Lakers and Kobe, no room for DWill. So, NJ has to trade him. Guess what??? Lowry plus one other player would get it done. This leaves with around $12 mill or so to add another player. How about Asik, or Kaman or Lopez in the middle??? What about adding Timmy D or KG in the middle for $10 mill for a couple years??

You see, we got plenty of options.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Unless Devos dies in the next cpl months, i'm just not seeing Orlando allowing another superstar center end up in LA without them bleeding the lakers dry of everyone but Kobe.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Exactly my thoughts, as another poster said with D-Howard locked up Dwill will not resign with the nets. That leaves Dwill going to the highest bidder which i'd be damned if that wasn't us. With gasol on our roster along with solid starters around him i see no reason why dwill wouldn't resign. This is the exact deal houston has been waiting for, acquiring 2 allstars. I hope morey realizes this busts his ass trying to get this done.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Keep Dragic, and I would consider it.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No ****. I can't believe anyone here who's a fan of the Rockets would defend that travesty.

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

We should not trade Parsons unless he is part of the deal to get a superstar. Pau is not a superstar.

Besides, Parsons reminds made a lot of Battier. If Battier was Batman, Parsons should be Batman Beyond.

19. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

Gasol barnes and artest! Where do i signg!?!?!? Other than that no thank you! We just made both orlando and la stronger!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the NBA you can win with 4 bridesmaids and one defensive imp

depending on matchups