1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Howard destinations, Houston mentioned as facilitator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Feb 13, 2012.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i never heard this theory. can you elaborate?

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

True about Patterson, but he ain't getting traded lest it happen to upgrade the team AND to entice DMo to show up.

And I agree with you about upgrading the 5 (Sasquatch Kaman? Okafur?). Which Gasol can also play, but not full time.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To be honest, I agree with all this. We were giving up too much in the earlier manifestation of the trade, but NOT if we also got Nene and kept Chuck.

Now the trick is, Give up how much? And to which 3rd team? I'm not into charity for the Lakers.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does this still warrant him 18.7 millions a year is the question?
    No.....this would be an Alexander move... no way this is the kind of Morey type of all stars..... Josh Smith, Kyle Lowry underrated allstars

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Is Deandre Jordan worth almost $11 million per year? Is Nene worth $13.5 million per year? Skilled big men come at a premium. He's a walking double double who doesn't rely on athleticism, which will make him last many more years.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Thats a guy I'd really like to see Morey go after .... and there were rumors he was available. Six years younger than Gasol or Scola and more athletic and a far superior defender to either ....

Not so sure they would let him go now with Horford out for ~3months or more.

Wonder if Howard would be interested in playing alongside a PF like Smith and a PG like Lowry .... and what it would take to pry him away from ATL.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

There's a reason Josh Smith isn't a Rocket, and it's because there's a premium on big men. It's the same reason that if the initial Gasol trade were approved, Morey was prepared to offer Nene a $15 million/year contract for four years. There aren't a lot of talented big men in the game. Assuming you don't draft one, you're going to have to overpay to get one - either with the contract, trade value, or both. And those big men with ideal contracts... chances are they aren't going to be dealt.

I'm sure Morey would love a Josh Smith deal. There's a reason it hasn't transpired. At some point, you have to drop the idealist mindset that so many of you have and try and improve your team the best you can within the confines of reality.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

These stupid Memphis announcers. Talk'n about Chandler. "Good, good shooter."

I wonder if Bill and Clyde sound just as stupid to other teams' fans when they comment on them.

Surely not.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not at all. bill, bull and clyde are pretty accurate, ...well bill and bull at least :p

10. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

WTF! No way! 3 starters and one of our best bench players for Gasol!

11. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Exactly what I was gonna post. I'm sick of being mentioned to help other teams get better. Just call them the Astros and be done with it.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

don't give up dragic, otherwise ... Me gusta