1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Houston offering young talent + picks for Nene

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Feb 17, 2011.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Interesting mention by Chris Sheridan..
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=6130436

-He says "draft pick(s)," so the only picks that we would be able to deal would be the 2011 Clippers 2nd rounder and the 2012 NY 1st rounder.

-As far as young talent.. Terrence Williams? (shutup cbadlee.) Courtney Lee? Chase Budinger? Patterson? Who would you want to help you rebuild if you were DEN?

#1 LongTimeFan, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was all for Nene a week ago when i still believed in this season. But now.....

3. faraza84

faraza84 Member

ya as long as we dont give any first rounders im cool with it. im assuming brooks, bud, hill and lee are being offered. The rest of the team is either too old or not enough "upside". id def try to keep patterson if possible

1 person likes this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why do we need a rental, our best case scenario is 8th seed and even that's a long shot. I hope we would not trade for him without his prior agreement to sign a reasonable extension.

5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

This was probably discussed before tonight. If we can't get Melo + Nene we're probably just seeing what they want.

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I'm constantly lurking. Personally, I don't like Nene on Rox. I don't really like anybody who is name has been dropped. The only thing that could excite me about this season is gaining another 1st rounder. Maybe do something along the lines of trading our 13th, 18th and 23rd for 7th pick. What could go wrong?

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'm sure they've been talking about a deal for a long time. Clutch mentioned Nene and Granger as targets. I thought this might be thread-worthy since it gives us a better idea of what we're offering. The question is of course which young talent DEN would want in exchange? It seems apparent that the NY 2012 1st will be involved in some way.

8. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think we should pursue this, it could cost us two lottery picks.

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

With lottery picks? Nothing...they are sure fire Hall of Famers....

Sincerely

Kwame Brown and family.

10. shsu33

shsu33 Member

I'd love this if we don't lose too much, along with the pipe dream that Yao might be his backup next year.
    Bud, Hill OR Pat, jefferies, 2012 1st round, ny's 2012 1st. Anything more then its not really worth it. Hopefully keep Lee, Lowry and Scola and wouldn't be surprised if Morey is dangling Brooks, Battier and Martin trying to involve more teams in this deal. We may have 3-5 teams gettin in on this just so everyone will be able to say they came out on top in some justifyible way to their fans. Maybe this will be the megatrade we have been waiting for where we land Nene and Granger along with other fill in's.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Too much has to happen for us to get into the playoffs. Now i would much rather trade away our troubles( Brooks, Hill, Miller, Jeffries ) for a young center or two. Like Randolph and Thabeet. Throw them into the fray for the rest of the season.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good comments all round. I agree no need for him unless a reasonable(no overpaid) extension can be done. Don't include Patrick Patterson for him. Nene is temperamental.

13. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

We can only offer one.

I'm thinking Morey is offering Hill, Budinger + NY pick.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This would be just fine. Don't think it's enough though.

1 person likes this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Throw in T-Will or Ish if they bite. I doubt if they will though. Hill for Patterson might work. I don't want to go that route.

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Nene.

He doesn't provide the kind of shotblocking interior presence we need and is also an average rebounder at best...oh eater of capspace.

And I'm for rebuilding, not "reloading".

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Meh

Nene doesnt bring anything to the table that they need really, he is a pretty poor rebounder, weak defender, and plays even smaller than his size

He can score, thats about it

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I don't see how this would be a "rental" - we would have his bird rights, even if he opted out this summer. If Melo goes to NY, there would be no team worth a crap that would have cap space to steal him away from us. Here's our chance to get an upper level center that's very efficient, getting his points without having to have plays run for him. He's not a shot-blocker, but at least he is a good man to man defender.

And with Nene as our starter next year, we could bring back Yao to play the Mutombo role, with limited minutes, at a low salary with low risk.

20. Chamillionaire

I`d love this trade. I would like to keep Courtney Lee though. But send them Brooks, Budinger, Hill.