1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Houston Could Get Melo AND Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I'm all for getting LeBron but please just say no to Melo. He's not a winner.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'd rather keep Harden and get Lebron as well. It's all speculation, driven right now by the ESPN "report" and pondering how to get Mr. James.

3. Possum

Possum Member

What if James prefers Melo?

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That was my original speculation.

5. torocan

torocan Member

Uh, No. The relationship between Lebron and Melo runs FAR deeper than any between Lebron and Harden.

Lebron and Melo played on multiple Olympic squads together.
    They were drafted in the same year.
    They played AAU ball together.
    Lebron has publicly called Melo one of his best friends.
    Lebron and Melo both have families. Harden is still hitting strip clubs.

Harden is in his 20's, Lebron and Melo are closing on 30.

There is NO comparison between the relationship that Lebron has with Melo vs that of the relationship with Harden.

6. Possum

Possum Member

Sorry responded to wrong post.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

LBJ and Howard with most likely TEAM USA Melo? You trade Harden without hesitation.

8. pass_to_Hakeem

Honestly .. IMO, HOU has a better chance of bringing Carmelo here than Lebron. I would take Carmelo here then nobody at all , OR .. then bringing in Bosh or an aging Gasol

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree. But I can't see LeBron breaking up an already built product just to get his chance at playing with Melo. If that was the case he may as well head to LA... which we don't want but if this was the defacto to acquiring him we HAVE to do it.

I just don't see that being his ultimate vision when looking over our roster. He knows how much chemistry and morale mean to winning a championship.

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I think there are only two players one on one I would trade for Harden -- Durant and Lebron. The whole point of Durant coming here would be to play with Harden, so that's not even worth mentioning.

With that being said, if trading James yields you Lebron AND you still get a guy as talented as Melo, you do it without even thinking about it and you expect a championship. Although, you hope Lebron sees that we are two-three easy moves away from pulling off a Harden/James/Dwight/Parsons situation, and trusts in Morey to do it. Crap, it's not like if Harden/Lebron/Dwight doesn't work out, we wouldn't be able to trade Harden and/or Parsons for contending pieces -- probably even Melo!

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It would be insane to see so many top stars moved in a single (or multi-team) deal, not to mention Love is on the move as well.

Harden for Melo+LBJ is a no brainer. I think it's nearly unanimous everyone would prefer to Harden/LBJ but you can't be picky here.

Can you imagine a LBJ/Melo/D12 lineup? LBJ can lean more towards the playmaker side which seems more natural to him. And he can dish off to Melo for a jumper or slasher and D12 near the basket. The Clippers would look like sob city compared to us.

But I imagine this is like a 5% chance right about now.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Teams need more than one creator. We saw that for ourselves this season. I'm sure Lebron would love to be able to have someone else do the creating from time to time. More energy he can conserve.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This place is going to be so cuckoo when reality re-enters the picture. I've never seen expectations *this* crazy, where we really think we could get the best player in the league, or at least the best scorer in the league.

I hope people can think of probability throughout -- we don't have great odds of landing any one of these guys. Signing lowry or making a trade for a very solid contributor would be fantastic, IMHO.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Reality? There is no reality here!

Hell, half the people here think we're trading Harden for Carmelo while ALSO landing LeBron. :grin:

And when they come away with neither...you're right.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

The people that keep saying this are just mental in my opinion. I have seen plenty of it and can't even justify why someone would even want to do that.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you trade Steve Francis for TMac
    then you trade Harden for Melo

Rocket River

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

so... um.... where is the better player? I see Lebron... I don't see the other

unless your argument is it's bother or neither, at which time, I'll reluctantly agree. And I'm not kidding on reluctant. I'm not sure Melo and Bron work together. I'm not sure Melo and the world work together.

18. the shark

the shark Member

you lost me when you said, "article written by Chris Broussard".

19. Possum

Possum Member

The better player is James.

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I noted that. Also said the only way i'd do it was if it was both or neither. Defintiely don't want melo/harden swap unless it's forced by James.