1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Houston Could Get Melo AND Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jun 25, 2014.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LMFAO!

What a freaking loser.

2. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

If Lebron signs with Houston, I will forgive Bucher 100%.

3. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

LOOL that is hillarious.

ZOMGS I SAW THE NAME LOWRY ON A MIAMI MSG BOARD I MUST QUICKLY TWEET IT AND WINS DHA INTERNATZ.

4. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

What do you guys think about this dude? picture is obv Bev, but no idea whether the story is true or if this really took place yesterday:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/rockets/comments/29as8d/got_to_talk_to_patrick_beverly_today_bad_news_guys/
    The comments indicate denial from Rockets' fans because its a silly thing to think that LeBron would make a decision over a rookie pg. Which might be true.

Probably doesnt belong in this thread, but whatever happened to Deron Williams? Last I heard he had issues and Rockets' fans were all over that opportunity. I understand he's so much further down the 'want' list than Bron/Melo/Bosh/Lowry but still, no talk of him recently.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I just hope we build around our stars, enough chasing everybody

6. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I would be disappointed if we got nothing good in FA to help us win championship. We got freaking Howard and Harden, we need one more piece to win championship.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Suns trying to do the same(by Woj an hour ago):

Phoenix is determined to emerge as a legitimate destination for James and Anthony, who have privately shared an affinity for playing with each other in the NBA. Salary-cap structures make it prohibitive for teams elsewhere to fit these two stars together without completely gutting a roster, but Phoenix's general manager Ryan McDonough has constructed a far different reality to sell them in potential meetings next week, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Suns have $33.5 million in salary-cap space and could shed the next $10 million needed to sign James and Anthony to maximum contracts without unloading the young core of guards Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic and center Miles Plumlee that pushed the franchise to 48 victories in the Western Conference last season.

The Suns plan to pursue meetings with James and Anthony – or Bosh, if that's the direction that interests James. James' agent Rich Paul also represents Bledsoe, who is a restricted free agent this summer. Phoenix plans to aggressively pursue re-signing Bledsoe or match any offer sheet for him, sources said.

The Suns have three first-round draft picks in 2015, and the picks could help the shape the roster with deals for veteran players, or infuse more young talent – or both – based on whatever intrigues the best player on the planet.

For now, the Suns are like everyone else in the NBA, including Houston and Cleveland: hoping against hope James will pause before recommitting to a deal with the Heat and truly bring an open mind to free agency. So far, James' representatives have been cautious on promising meetings with teams, and Heat president Pat Riley has been working on new deals with the reps for the four players who've opted-out of Miami – James, Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem – sources said.

The Suns are banking on James' basketball acumen and business intelligence to see the roster, financial flexibility that could sustain the Suns' success for years. Phoenix officials believe the best chance to get Anthony away from his preferred free-agent destinations – Chicago and Houston – will be to turn James' attention toward the Suns, and get Anthony on board with his one true chance to play with James, sources said.

Because of Paul's relationship with Bledsoe and James, the Suns know the agent has a more intimate understanding of Phoenix's potential appeal than most. Paul knows the Suns are the fifth-winningest franchise in NBA history, that owner Robert Sarver has gone into the luxury tax three times in recent years, that Phoenix has long been a preferred residence of thirtysomething stars with families.

Most of all, the Suns understand Paul has a keen knowledge of how James' international brand and marketing appeal transcends media markets. James doesn't need New York or Los Angeles or Miami to push product – only winning. That's the sell of the Suns, just as it will be the Rockets and Cavaliers, too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/suns-to-pursue-lebron-james--carmelo-anthony-with-offer-for-them-to-play-together-163546302.html

8. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Phoenix reminds me of Houston a few years ago when we had no stars but a front office that put in a concerted effort to lure big names. It seems like they're following our team building model. I like the current Phoenix team.

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Well, they do have a star if Bledsoe stays.