1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Heat players questioning if Spoelstra is right coach

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Nov 29, 2010.

1. Mr. Space City

lebron needs a tough no-nonsense coach that isn't gong to enable him. he's been pampered his whole basketball career.

kobe had phil jackson to check his ego a the door when he got cocky and lebron needs that.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Didn't Dwight Howard get called out for smiling too much in games? Don't know who called him out on it but I don't think he got all butt hurt about it.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Practice? You talkin bout practice?

4. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

If LeBron thinks Spo is too serious for him, he'll be very regretful when Riley is on sideline.

5. yobod

yobod Member

This is on Riley if he does'nt discipline LeBron with a 1 game supsension or some sort of disciplinary action. If Jermaine Taylor was upset with Adelman for not getting playing time and bumped him, you better believe Les and DM would fine and suspend his ass. Lebron shouldn't be treated any differently. Spoelstra won't get respect from the players unless Riley lets the players know that he'll support any decisions Spoelstra makes.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

This.

Look at the Spurs, at 14-2, iirc. They have such a cushion in the early going, and they don't screw around like the Heat want to.

The Heat have not earned the right to "take it easy" like Lebron wants. Win more games, and THEN have this mindset, Bron Bron.

7. sw847

sw847 Member

ya i agree with you on this. I think it would take more time to assess how this team should play together. I very doubt riley is willing to make a fool of himself by failing as well. Let spo take the blame if they fail to gell.

as someone else has stated, players nowadays get too much control over the team. the heat organisation need to let their players know who is the boss. If not, this is going to happen again. obviously not to riley. but any other coach that does not set the offense the players want will have the same outcome.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Maybe this is not the right kind of team?

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

When, not if, but when they fire Spolstra and Riley is unable to win them a ring, then who is to blame? Dare I say it, McGrady is right this team doesn't work.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haven't you heard? LeBron > the coach. LeBron > the league. LeBron > teammates. LeBron > Lakers. LeBron > any other headlines. LeBron > social standards.

Simply put, Lebron >.

11. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

LeBron should just play by himself, 1v5 and win the NBA championship. And be the undisputed king.

12. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

I feel bad for the coach.

13. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

14. chadyang

chadyang Member

LOL Fire in the hole

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

in a month, everybody in miami will be happy. it's nice to see the heat having fun again. when you are 2 of the best 4 players in the L, you should have fun playing ball.

16. Roxs-Redemption

Maybe he is having getting pressured by the whole team

17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Lebron and Bosh thought becoming a heat was about drinking pink lemonade and winning championships without hard work. Now they're mad about an unimaginative offense. So this is now the third coach LeBron's played for who has been criticized for not having a good offensive system. What's the common denominator there? I'm sure it's all about the coaches' ineptness and has nothing to do with the fact LeBron needs to pound the ball for 18 seconds for him to be at his most effective.

Also the beauty of Phil running his mouth may make them take more time to put Riley in there.

18. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Seeing Lebron interviews about the Spoelstra situation, his face just screams how much he dislikes the guy. I think they all know that bump was intentional. The two had a 30 minute meeting, wonder how that went?
    And then Wade, now he backs off like well I didn't say he was my guy....someone scared of Lebron.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

to be honest, none of lebron's coaches have been known as offensive coaches before they coached lebron.

mike brown was the defensive coach for the spurs. spoelstra's heat had one of the worst offenses last year. and silas was a defensive coach with the hornets.

i'm sure you put adelman on the heat and they'll do just fine and dandy.

some coaches are better on defense; some coaches are better on offense.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

I wasn't saying I agreed with those concerns. I was just asking why the guy I was responding to only mentioned the most trivial of the players' concerns.