1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Heat close to deal with Wolves for Davis, Blount

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Matchman, Oct 24, 2007.

?

Who got the better package of the trade?

1. Minnesota Timberwolves

16 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Miami Heat

107 vote(s)
    62.9%
  3. A Win-Win Trade

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. A Lose-Lose Trade

36 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. hooroo

hooroo Member

With Wade out they need a player of Davis's abilities. Their situation is forcing this. I hope Miami wasn't one of the teams Morey says he's trying get a deal done with.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Trash for trash. Ricky Davis and Fatoine the Chucker are two players that belong on the Knicks. Talented basketball players with no brains to speak of and have a bad attitude. Oh well, at least Fatoine wins....I guess. :rolleyes:

The T-Wolves will be lucky to win 20 games this year......

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The Wolves have the best collection of overpaid forwards in the history of the NBA.

McHale seems to be auditioning for Celtics towelboy as he's absorbed gallons of spit from Glen Taylor's screaming.

5. uchlha

uchlha Member

just me or is it when we think wolves cant get any worse they find a new low?

6. bobododo

bobododo Member

At least we dont have to see antoine wakers chicken dance as he jogs back after he makes a lucky point anymore. Since the wolves will be down by 20 everytime they play he wouldnt be in the mood.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Wow, you're still obsessing over that, I forgot about it! lol! Somebody's bitter about losing an argument! :D :p

#27 RocksMillenium, Oct 24, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I actually think it's a good deal for the Heat. Davis can put up points in a hurry and they're going to need some fire power to hang with teams like Boston and New Jersey. Especially with Shaq's status being iffy. You're right. Walker has gone from being a good player to just being a lazy stiff satisfied with cashing a paycheck. I can't believe that clown has a championship ring.

9. Pringles

Pringles Member

minnesota wins on the deal for the draft pick and wayne. if they can trade walker for an expiring contracts with draft picks, then i like what i see in what mchale is doing.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Toine's love handles gave him his DNPs.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But, with Ainge still McJerk's AH bud around means Riles is really good.

12. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

walker is fat

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Only if the Wolves manage to suck, but not bad enough to get a top 3 pick. I'd say any win total in the 30-40 range would be disasterous for the T-Wolves this season...

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For this to work for the Heat, Ricky Davis will have to turn into someone he is not. He has never played for this type of coach. Riles has the most domineering personality of any coach I can remember and it's his way or no way. There is no coach in the NBA tougher to play for than him. If Davis can adjust to this, then it works for the Heat.

I suppose one could argue the Heat win because 'Toine had to go no matter what.

15. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

It's official.

The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the team has acquired forwards Antoine Walker and Wayne Simien and center Michael Doleac, along with a first-round draft pick and financial considerations from the Miami Heat in exchange for center Mark Blount and guard Ricky Davis.

Walker enters his 12th season with averages of 18.0 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 3.7 apg and 1.2 spg. He has appeared in 847 contests for Miami, Boston (two stints), Atlanta and Dallas. Walker also has 64 career playoff games on his resume and averaged 16.1 ppg, 7.1 rpg and 2.9 apg in the postseason. The three-time All-Star was an NBA All-Rookie First Team member in 1996-97 after being selected out of Kentucky by the Celtics in the first round (sixth overall) of the 1996 NBA Draft.

Doleac, a nine-year veteran, has appeared in 563 games with Miami, Denver, New York, Cleveland and Orlando in his career. The 30-year-old center has averaged 5.0 ppg and 3.4 rpg in 15.2 mpg. The former Utah Ute has advanced to the playoffs seven times in his nine seasons and has participated in 31 career postseason games. He was the 12th selection in the first round of the 1998 NBA Draft by the Orlando Magic.

Simien has been in the league for two seasons since the Heat selected him in the first round (29th overall) of the 2005 NBA Draft. Since coming to the NBA from the Kansas Jayhawks, Simien has seen action in 51 games (two starts) and has averaged 3.3 ppg and 1.9 rpg in 9.9 mpg.

Blount and Davis came to the Wolves in a January 2006 trade with the Boston Celtics. In 124 appearances with Minnesota, Blount averaged 11.6 ppg and 5.7 rpg while shooting 50.8% from the floor. In his seven seasons the Pittsburgh alum has averaged 8.3 ppg and 4.8 rpg while playing in 516 contests with Minnesota, Boston (two stints) and Denver. Davis played in 117 games with the Wolves and tallied 16.8 ppg while adding 4.1 rpg and 4.8 apg. He shot 45.2% from the field and 36.5% from three point range while with Minnesota. The 28-year-old guard has played with Minnesota, Boston, Cleveland, Miami and Charlotte and averaged 14.4 ppg, 3.6 rpg and 3.5 apg in 582 games.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

wow, everyone's bashing the TWolves.. I think it was a solid move.

They got rid of Ricky Davis.. a cancer on a bad team (potentially useful on a good team).

I don't think they'll play Walker much. I think they'll either buy him out, find a place to move him, or just let him rot.

And they got a 1st rounder out of it. On a team that's been starved for draft picks due to the Joe Smith debacle, that's a good thing. And the Heat probably won't be that great.. should be a mid-1st rnd pick at worst.

edit: forgot to mention cap relief for Minny as well

#36 kaleidosky, Oct 24, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Just echoing what others have said. I don't think either team really improved, they still suck IMO but I voted Miami just because their team and fans won't have to put up with looking at Antoine's face anymore. Him and that stupid seizure-like dance.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

I wasn't implying it was Riley's fault. The DNPs he had collected were officially listed down as "Coach's Decision".

19. matty101

matty101 Member

How do you guys reckon the trade will effect Davis' Fabtasy value? I got him on my team.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know. Whenever you can get rid of Antoine Walker is a good move. But I don't like Davis either.