1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Harden and Lin make Hollinger's All-Breakout Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

"I find it fascinating that so many people seem to think Lin will be a flash in the pan."
    Hollinger

nice ---- I might use that as my signature. What do you guys think?

Asik and Jlin fan ---- but hey i got alot of love to spread too!
    Go rockets!

2. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i love the article the HARDEN part is great !
    Go rockets!

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Brb getting my junior microscope kit to decipher that pic

4. thekad

thekad Member

The important thing is whether Lin is an impact player that helps the team actually win games, not a stat line that looks pretty. I have strong doubts as to whether this will be the case.

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Wow. That's all Lin is, an impact player. Coincidentally, Hollinger posted a piece saying that its highly unlikely that Lin will be a "bust" as he does too many of the little things that lead to wins to not be a net positive on any team.

And once again.... Why are you so doubtful???????
    I'll bet dollars to donuts that you have not seen him play in NY, save highlights and the odd 1 game, if that. I can't imagine anyone saying that he isn't an impact player after watching even a couple of his games. The difference when he sits and doesn't sit is night and day.

6. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

Works for me. It truly is fascinating.

IIRC Clutch himself said Lin was a "human Rorschach test".

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

LOF - we got to not go overboard now - lets wait for the game and see what happens - SWAG talk needs to backed up.

8. BreakYoSelfFool

Yeah but Irving is a PG and has to handle the ball lot. Also, he is only in his second year as a starter, he is sure to get better. Plus, Irving is only making about 5 1/2 million this year
    :rolleyes:

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

She is doing well, 3 more months of chemotherapy before we get more MRI results to see how well the treatments are working.

She was shocked to hear that Kevin Martin wasn't going to be playing with The Rockets anymore, but I introduced her to James Harden and she is happy that he wears my number #13 and she loves his Footlocker 'tear away beard' commercial.

This is Tayleesha showing the rest of the family who James Harden is...

[​IMG]

10. formido

formido Member

Heh. Knicks without Lin 22-24. Knicks with Lin 16-10.

11. Beard

Beard Member

Thats wonderful, best wishes to her

12. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

Tell her there are people she does not know that wish her a speedy recovery and to stay strong and keep good. And happy Halloween to her.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Asik is most likely to be the MIP, shouldn't he be the captain of the all breakout team? And I thought Lin already had a breakout season in NY.