1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Harden and Lin make Hollinger's All-Breakout Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

8m a year for an average point guard who puts up 18/7?

I will take that any day of the week twice on Sunday

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I get what you are saying but, if Kyrie came to the Rockets would you say the same thing? Or better yet, if TJones tears it up, i mean, really tears it up breaking records and what not for exactly 25 more games then gets injured, next year, would you say he was a fluke or its because there was no scouting report, or caveat emptor? Would you expect him to digress or improve?

3. Grigori

Grigori Member

Good sir, I don't it'll matter even if he posts as himself.

4. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

it's not that Lin has small sample size. it's because ppl haven't really watched his games. he's always been successful.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's weird to have 2 guys who have already broken out on your "all-breakout" team.

6. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

LOL, yeah.

Is there anyone who "broke out" more than Jeremy Lin?

And getting 4yr/80mil is nothing to sneeze at.

7. raskol

Cuz they're gonna break out of their break out seasons and lead the Rockets to the playoffs, that's why.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If Lin averages 18 and 6 I will be ecstatic. Too bad I won't get to see any of those games. :(

9. MKL

MKL Member

Don't forget that Lin was cut by the Rockets and fans are still kind of sore. When Linsanity hit, it made Rox management look bad. Fans had to bunker down and find things to hate about Lin.

Rox management turned around and actually corrected their mistake and took advantage of the confusion in New York and "poison pill".

There are still many fans on RGM that think Lin is getting max money, $15 mil a year.

Even on this week, only Lin gets TO stats shown on end of game highlights. LOL. Usually, TO is never mentioned, i.e Irving had 4 TO last night (only 3 assists), but never mentioned in post game.

10. liljojo

liljojo Member

The deal will get done. It has to.

I hope.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

If Jones was a free agent, I would also warn Les buyer beware. Mr. Jones had a small sample size. It could be a fluke or it could be the start of a great career, and I would also add that depending on the injury, anything before said injury could be irrelevant.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The anti-LOFs keep coming out of the woodwork.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Harden > Westbrook :)

14. raskol

Would you say he was a fluke? I mean exactly in those words. Would you say as so many have done, that it was a fluke and that he'll get worse? That it was because there wasn't a scouting report.

I'm not saying that all those things aren't possible. What I'm trying to point out is: is that the natural response when a young player breaks out?

15. Grigori

Grigori Member

What if Lin breaks out over his Linsanity height numbers and Harden breaks out over his OKC numbers. 40/15/7 and 32/9/9 backcourt here we come.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

This was an interesting read thanks for posting it. Hollinger got the highest rating last year in terms of being right in his forcasts. We shall see if it happens again this year.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Exactly. That's why I say the Rockets will have one of the best defenses in the league, may times the other team won't even get the ball into play!

Go Rockets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. bucky99

bucky99 Member

Well, there was a "..." at the end of the quote, so the full insider article may have had the supported data. Or another possibility is that Hollinger has already posted several articles about Lin's advanced stats and data, so he didn't need to rehash it again.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

As you wish...

1 person likes this.
  20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Thanks Izak! How is your daughter if you don't mind me asking.