1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Grizzlies pursuing Jeff Green or Luol Deng

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 7, 2015.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You could get Bosh for something like:
    NOP pick
    Terry
    Papa
    Shved
    Capela
    TJones

Salaries would be enough, but you'd be giving up an important contributor in Terry that the Heat don't even want but you have to include for salary purposes.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think New York would be dumb enough to trade for him. With Amares expiring it would be possible.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Absolutely, but not for much longer. If the Rockets would give up as much as they would for him, I'm sure there are plenty other teams that would as well.

Teams that would trade for him in a heartbeat-

-Charlotte
    Ex: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=obqhfpg
    +picks

-Indiana
    EX: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q4fkze5
    + multiple picks

-Milwaukee
    Ex: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mmbleyb

-Houston
    Ex: any number of wild deals

-Cleveland could trade Kevin Love for Bosh (how wierd would that be & actually good for both teams)
    etc. etc. etc.

Look, if Riley let Bosh walk last Summer he gets cap space.

-If Riley was to trade Bosh now, he could still get cap space next Summer by getting the right contracts, he could probably get a couple decent players, some young talent, and a pick or two.

Yes.... resigning Bosh was a great decision by Pat Riley now that you look at it, and you see what he can get for him just months after resigning signing. However, if he gets cocky that they are going to make another Lebron James signing this Summer and holds onto Bosh too long, it will turn out to be one of the worst signings in the past few years.

Pretty much all the teams I listed, and ESPECIALLY Houston would still do a deal that gets Miami talent, cap relief, and picks. Alot of teams think they can win it all this year especially in the West. I wouldn't be shocked at all if teams lined up left and right to trade for Bosh.

#23 dobro1229, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Forget it. Based on what's happened, I'm glad he didn't sign here.

CCorn, the Knicks might blow their wad next summer trading for Bosh if nobody else will go there. Lakers might also since they too will have huge cap space. Not sure about the Suns. Dumping the Morris brothers for Bosh might work for them if they have enough cap space.

The Heat would get very little in return except for the cap relief of dumping Bosh's contact. Nothing close to "gold".

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Even though he spurned us because the pressure was apparently too high for him, I'd still love Bosh on this team. A PF rotation of Bosh and Smith in the playoffs would be killer, especially next to Dwight. I'd actually be willing to give up Terry, either Jones or D-Mo, AND Papa to make that happen. It would vault us to instant championship favorites. The unfortunate side of it would be that we're locked in with absolutely no flexibility, so if we suffered a major injury, we would not have the means to bolster our bench.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

People are still underselling Bosh. Morey was willing to give him 5 years $118 million.....he just wasn't able to. And for all the talk about Bosh wanting to stay in Miami, lets not kid ourselves.....he was coming to Houston if Miami didn't offer that contract.

It doesn't matter now. Bosh doesn't have a no-trade clause, and Boston/Phoenix can easily outbid us for him. Melo is a different story, but it sounds like he is content being on a horrific team.

7. justtxyank

I'd be all over it. You'd actually still have room under the hard cap because just to make the trade you would have to send out so much salary. You could end up with the following rotation:

Beverly/Canaan
    Harden/Brewer
    Ariza/Brewer
    Bosh/Smith/Donatas
    Dwight/Donatas/Dorsey

You'd be locked in, but hypothetically if a veteran like Ray Allen wanted to latch on for the stretch run you could actually sign him still for the minimum. In the offseason you'd have flexibility if you wanted to use the smaller MLE as well.

I see no reason to think Miami is going to trade Bosh, but if they were willing to, I'd make the deal in a heartbeat. Sure, we'd hate years 4 and 5 of that deal, but you would have an absolutely legit shot to win a title for the next 2-3 years.

8. justtxyank

Why would Boston even want Bosh. They are in rebuilding mode. They need a young superstar, not one at the tail end.

PHX would surely be interested, yes. Constructing a trade would actually be kind of difficult for them unless they are going to include Bledsoe. (Which they might sure) Otherwise they would have to deal multiple starters to make the trade happen. Something like Dragic, Tucker, Marcus Morris, Tyler Ennis, Zoran Dragic and then draft picks.

That's a lot of key pieces to move.

9. justtxyank

It's all moot. I doubt Miami will trade Bosh. I'm sure he and Riley had a come to Jesus before he resigned. Miami isn't going to piss him off by trading him unless he asks for it.

10. Mr Chuck Norris

**** Bosh, Why would do you guys want him is beyond me. He CLEARLY said he didn't want the pressure of being with a contender, after he cashed in a $120 million deal. If Howard said something like that, he would've got crucified. Not to mention he's softer than a baby's ass. He turned us down and used us for leverage TWICE and people still want him here???

**** bosh, I hope he stays and Rots.

11. Fantasma Negro

How did this turn into a Bosh thread? LoL. I don't think the heat trade Bosh cause i don't think the heat trade Deng. They have a shot to play spoiler to someone in the east and I think Riley would love for that someone to be the cavs. Unless Granger is ready to play significant minutes and they get alot of contributors in the deal, I don't see Deng being traded. Now Jeff Green is a diffent story, dude is as good as gone but I'm praying he doesn't land in Memphis. This arms race is getting out of control, I can't wait til the playoffs

12. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

What? You guys wanna go after Bosh now?

Clutchfans is like a flock of vultures playing 2k...

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

I agree. Stars don't get traded unless they ask for it, and I can't think of one that got traded with more than a couple of years left on their contract. Very unlikely he gets moved.

14. dobro1229

The point of me bringing him up was to let people know Miami SHOULD trade Bosh in a deal that I think they could get.

Will Riley do that... I don't think so.

I'm also not really a huge advocate of trading for him as a Rockets fan. I just want people to realize that Riley has a limited chance of using Bosh to overtool his roster and assets to move back towards contending much quicker. Because Bosh more so Wades days are numbered.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Bosh seems like just the type of player Phoenix would target with Bledsoe. Something like:

Bledsoe
    Plumlee
    Warren

for Bosh

Dragic / Thomas
    Green
    Tucker / Morris
    Bosh / Morris
    Len

That's a very good team, even in the West.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is going to be interesting. I hope Miami does blow it up.

17. dobro1229

One of the things that Miami needs to consider is where are they going to be in the East once the Bucks, Pistons, Orlando, and YES even the Sixers start turning it around. The Pistons and Bucks already look to be on the upswing. The Bulls, Atlanta, Toronto, and Cleveland aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Maybe Miami is an 8th seed type of team this year, and maybe they are ok with mediocrity for the next couple of years, but I find it hard not to see that they will potentially be one of the worst teams in the East in a year or two.

I'm not even saying they should "blow it up". One trade with Bosh could have the affect similar to what happened with Atlanta basically swapping Josh Smith and Joe Johnson(30.4 mil in last yr w/ATL) for Paul Millsap and Kyle Korver(15.7 mil).

If Miami keeps Bosh IMO, its a pretty dumb move that will come back to haunt them in a year or two. If they could turn Bosh at 20 mil into a player like say... Taj Gibson, a couple picks, another couple good young players, it would do wonders for their organization.

Pride is a MF'er though. Grab some popcorn, and watch to see how this plays out. Pat Riley's legacy could take a serious plunder the next couple of years.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I see why we would take Bosh. If we were gonna pay Bosh/Parsons over $30M then I'm sure we would pay Bosh/Ariza slightly less. I don't see why Miami would do it though.

19. vator

vator Contributing Member

The thing is most if not all of those players wouldn't be on the team anyways had we gotten Bosh. Talk was we'd probably have to move several guys to create the cap space.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing that the Jeff Green-to-Memphis trade talks are heating up. Discussions between the Celts and Grizz, I'm told, getting more serious</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/553658696643784705">January 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>