1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Grades and Comments

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Jun 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not to scare anyone, but Dan Langhi, Stromile Swift, and Keith Bogans were "co-players of they year" in the SEC who also were drafted by us or played for us. I hope this kid turns out better. But as a 2nd round pick, I don't think I'd be disappointed if he flops.

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

his soulglow perm always gets an A from me :)

i don't think either ford or kDwy grades are that terrible, i can see why they came to that opinion (which is all it is) who the hell knows for a couple of years, and ford gave himself an out by admitting he has got the rockets/morey grades wrong in the past

not a massive fan of the morris pick, but it seemed like he has best available, no decent shot blocker available, would leonard have jumped our grade up that much? he seems like the only other player we could have taken

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He can play the 3.

Nothing is wrong with his speed by measurements and he's a good enough shooter that people aren't going to leave him wide open. One guy who can't shoot the ball though is Kawhi.

Kawhi has bust potential. I think Marcus has a higher floor, If Kawhi CAN'T guard these guys in the NBA he's basically Corey Brewer.

I liked Kawhi too but it is very likely that we were just going to get the next Ariza. Lucky if we got that since defense takes some time to learn in the NBA.

4. SweedishHamma

SweedishHamma Member

You are as ignorant as they come.

In the 3 years that the Morris Twins were on the team, KU lost a grand total of 14 games. They won the Big 12 all three years. UT finished 4th, 6th, and 2nd in respective years. In that same three year stretch, UT lost 30 games. More than double the losses of the guy you are bashing with no reason. Leadership skills are intangible and can't be measured, but I'd say losing 6 games his final two years while UT lost 8 games this past year alone shows he got the job done.

Here is a list of his awards, from just this past year:

Marcus Morris
    Big 12 Player of the Year
    All-Big 12 First Team
    Associated Press Second Team All-American
    Associated Press Big 12 Player of the Year
    Associated Press All-Big 12 First Team (unanimous)
    Big 12 Tournament Most Outstanding Player
    Yahoo! Sports First Team All-American
    USBWA Second Team All-American
    USBWA District VI Player of the Year
    USBWA All-District VI Team
    NABC Second Team All-American
    NABC All-District 8 First Team
    The Sporting News Second Team All-American
    John R. Wooden Award All-American (top 10 finalist)
    Naismith Award midseason list (top 30)
    Oscar Robertson Trophy finalist (top 10)
    Big 12 Player of the Week (Nov. 29)
    Big 12 Player of the Week (Jan. 17)
    Big 12 Player of the Week (Feb. 14)

1 person likes this.
  5. rocketsfan23

rocketsfan23 Member

chad ford sucks at everything

6. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

So we are getting C's after drafting 2 players that were unanimous Lottery pick projections???

TWO.

And yes, many were projecting Donatas to go in the Lottery.

So a team with one late round 1st rounder who drafted a guy who was supposed to go late gets a better grade than us??? That makes zero sense, other than Morey obviously has enemies and people jealous of him.

Not that the grades mean a damn thing anyways.

7. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

This board is made of 3 groups:

1. 25% are the people that believe all that Morey does is perfect.
    2. 25% are realists who look at everything thoroughly and objectively.
    3. 50% are negative towards everything and anything.

8. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

So I'm supposed to believe a player that compared himself to two of the better players in the league? How many players are going to compare themselves to the crappy players? I just dont get, not drafting a legit sf, I get there was no center, but leonard was right there . I'm just tired if the tweeners.

9. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

Say that again in 5 years when Morris is a very good player and Leonard is an afterthought.

10. J.G.

J.G. New Member

Chad Ford Can suck my Balls I Give Rockets A+ .Yeah Thats Right Suck it Chad Ford Go run off to your huband you f*****

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Uh..... U may be banned soon buddy.:eek:

12. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I how I'm wrong. Just read moreys says they aren't converting him to a sf. I just dont get the strategy. You are set at pf and need to get better at the sf, so you draft an undersized pf?

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah but can Budinger play that position better? Can he defend or rebound better? Lateral quickness is relative to whats on your team already too. So in that I dont know. what do you think? Morris or Budinger at SF?

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well this is stupid. I guess the Hakeem Draft was an F too, because Hakeem is not playing for the Rockets anymore either. Logic FTW :rolleyes:

15. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Imo we needed an upgrade at sf and while Morris may be a solid player I dont see him being a really good sf.

16. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Ok now take your homer glasses off and take a solid look at what has become of those two players.

Role bench players at best.

Had a good run getting decent burn on going nowhere Rockets teams.

Take a look at the entire body of work and realize giving them a C is about right considering AB and Landry's future.

17. Chris Jent MVP

how are these grades analyzed anwyay ?? just on the quality of the player himself ?? no regard for whats available / needed / based on team roster and draft position ?? is it even possible to get an A grade in the draft if you don't have a top 5 pick ?? doesn't seem like a well thought analysis if that's the case.

18. dram1

dram1 Member

This is the best you can come up with to express disagreement?

Weak! Did you post this comment sitting in your high-chair and playing Bakugan?

19. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Morris = not needed by the Rockets
    Motiejunas = not needed by the Rockets
    Flynn = not needed by the Rockets
    Parsons = competing for a backup bench role

Morey was inexcusably bad with this draft.

20. dram1

dram1 Member

Look, let's be fair. Leonard may in deed end up a decent player. I just think he has the standard 9'-0" ceiling with lay-in ceiling tile. Morris' ceiling, by comparison, is more of a nice 15'-0" vaulted ceiling with fancy recessed lighting.

Leonard= Good maybe great on-ball/perimeter defender. If he continues to develop his 3pt shot, he might get to be about a Bruce Bowen (funny how I thought of this weeks before the Spurs nabbed him). If he really works at his game offensively, he might make it up to the level of an old aging Shawn Marion, but without the Teen-Wolf jumper.

Morris=decent defender/very good scorer. Not gonna wow you fancy moves or awesome displays of athleticism, but he will get his points because he has so many different ways he can score. Will be like a Carlos Boozer without the need of the pick n roll to get a shot as Morris can create for himself. I think he is our Al Jefferson of the future, but he won't need as many attempts as he is far more efficient of a scorer.