1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Front Office Rankings - Morey ranked 3rd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It is astonishing that Morey managed to take a team from 9th place to middle playoff seed and 1st round exit in 4 years.

Maybe we should wait until the Rockets to have even one great season before we get astonished?

1 person likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

and how many teams have been stuck at the bottom or in the same place for years

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That's not a strong argument with this list.

Sam Henkie is ranked better than 13 other team's GM.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't answer the question

5. thething

thething Contributing Member

The Lakers are way too low and the Cavs are way too high.

Mitch Kupchak was stupid with the Kobe contract, but other than that, he has won championships. They are rebuilding.

The Cavs got Lebron because of their location, not their front office. And the Anthony Bennett/Dion Waiters picks were terrible. They have made a lot of bad moves. The Kevin Love trade can still be judged but it was definitely a big risk.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The answer is simple,

second placed loser doesn't deserve too much respect.

Who will remember the GM and front office of the Jazz in the Malone and Stockton era?

Yes, improving towards a goal and giving people hope is important, hence why Sam Henkie was rated higher than GMS like Billy King and such.

But at the end, what really count is still the championship.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

you should be the gm of a team

8. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Even trading Love for Wiggins could prove to be an awful move.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Congratulations, your GM is better than that of Minnesota and Sacramento!

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

good job. now can you take a look at a few more teams and realize they won't be going anymore for years to come as well. just a few more if you're able to comprehend.

11. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

That's some mighty impressive folks. To be ranked right behind Pop and Jerry West is indeed high praise, not to mention ahead of Pat Riley.

We are so fortunate to have DM the GM...in spite of the ignorant posts on ClutchFans that would have you believe otherwise. I'm surprised we have been able to keep him this long...which must be a tribute to Les.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I hope Morey retires a rocket. Most consecutive first round exits is not easy to do. This season we missed out on 10 fantastic point guards. I hope we get our stretch 4 this year and not a pg. Keep the success streak going.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Morey is not a top 5 GM. Not even close. His track record of 1st round exits and his stupid statements of "coin flips" suggest he shoudn't even be in the top 10.

I don't care about the ifs and buts. In 7 years under his regime, only one playoff victory and constantly underachieveing. Letting go of one good PG after another while trying to maintain "flexibility"

14. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

Hahaha :) you cracked me up.

So who will play PG now? What is that players name - Cap Flex ?

15. i3artow i3aller

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The roster he has built is quite good, and is currently 3rd in a loaded Western conference in spite of significant injury troubles. This is not an "if".

Also, he has continued to value flexibility at all costs, which (I'm seeing) chafes on fans. It does annoy me at times when I feel like we should be all-in (for example, a PG at this year's deadline.)

I suppose that fans prefer boneheaded GM's who get lucky with a major FA signing over ones who make micro-moves and use subtler strategies to manage risks. Instant gratification > holistic approach to roster management.

I'm sure many fans would prefer to just rank every player and every manager by the amount of championships - not realizing the truly astronomical odds stacked against any team in the NBA.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It isn't about winning a playoff series. It's about winning it all. All or nothing. You either can or you cant. What the 76ers are doing right now is more logical than what the Heat are doing if the goal is to win a title. If the goal is to just advance then you have low standards.

1 person likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Heat did everything they could to set their best foot forward. Who would've known that Bosh was going to be out.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

what is philly doing? being the worst year after year while stacking picks and they still dont have a franchise player to build around lol

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey on the other hand. Next years pursuit approach and reluctant to get a point guard and most importantly his self boasting has worned me out plus his regurgitating minions on here with this fake self constructed analytical winning formula.