1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] For Royce White, It's a Matter of Trust

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 5, 2012.

1. liveguy

liveguy Member

He missed ALL of training camp? :rolleyes:

2. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

All you have to do is look up one of the threads in the hangout from various people seeking help for possible disorders to see how clutchfans would react to Royce White's situation.

When you have a real disease like Cancer, then you can miss practice! :mad::eek::(:eek::rolleyes::grin::p

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

So easy to be ignorant and humorous about it when you don't suffer from it. Real fans support the team and it's players no matter what especially if he hasn't done anything wrong to the organization and its fanbase.

We tend to forget that life is more than just basketball or any other sport for that matter.

If Royce was related to you, you'd surely be offended by the same reply you just posted. ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Just because fan's are unhappy and don't agree with how the situation was handled,doesn't mean they don't still support White.You don't have to just blindly agree with everything a player/team does to be a "real fan".

5. alethios

alethios Member

Get off his a$$, people, C'mon! When or if he steps on the court and performs admirably or plays like a scrub, then comment on his level of basketball play, but let this crap away from the court go. If he wants to play for the Rockets, he will figure it out. People here keep acting like they don't have any problems, and they know everything about a person just from the media and this board.

I hope Royce makes it and succeeds, but I don't hold it against him nor should you if he fails due to personal problems.

Like the line in one of my favorite Rush songs,
    "Quick to judge, quick to anger,
    Slow to understand.
    Ignorance and prejudice and fear go hand in hand."

Here's what Dr. Drew has to say about Royce:
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/10/10/dr-drew-talks-royce-white-video/

Check it out - it's worth a watch.

6. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

What's fair would be let White fight for a rotation spot like everybody else.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Agreed. But the thig i don't agree with are insensitive comments such as "when you have a real disease such as cancer then you can miss practice". We're better than that. I know it was just a bad joke though, sa'll good. Just didn't find it funny nor witty.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

he was obviously being sarcastic and pro-White.

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Line from one of my favorite Rush song's

You can twist perceptions
    Reality won't budge
    You can raise objections
    I will be the judge
    And the jury

10. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Umm, you do realize i am on Royce's side right? I was just...eh..nevermind.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

^ This! Should we all suffer from the same disorder in order to be sensitive about it. Different strokes for different folks, i know but before reacting or commenting negatively about something, we should at least learn and educate ourselves about the issue. Betteryet, focus on other stuff like our other rookies if you don't feel like giving your 100% support to Royce and all the other human beings who suffer from it.

12. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Like i said. It was a bad joke. Didn't mean to single him out and was actually generally referring to all the people who are sick and tired and bashing on Royce with insensitive comments just because of basketball reasons.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it's sarcasm. he's not laughing at mental illness, he's facepalming at people who are ignorant about mental illness.

14. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Let me break it down. Look up threads with people seeking help in the hangout. You will find many posters dogging them and disorders.

That last part is from a certain poster who famously puts 20 smiley faces at the end of every sentence. He believes something like Cancer is a real disease and probably thinks Royce is just being lazy and anxiety is an excuse.

I'll give you a hint. He's Mexican. But, there were other posters who agreed with his views.

I don't know why i bothered with this.

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

others 'current perception and understanding of mental illness' is keeping his ass off the court. why don't they just change their perception and let him play!!!

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

As the Rockets Turn...

or is it..

One Rocket to Live....

Hmmm.. Always drama with the Rockets..

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope Royce does more games than interviews this year.

19. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I tried to find a single quoted sentence out of White's mouth that would remotely relate to the title but I didn't get it.

Sorry, Mr reporter, weather the Rockets don't trust White or not, I don't trust anything you sell to ESPN in the article.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The other Rockets are no longer assets, they are Toyotas :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>“@<a href="https://twitter.com/htown747">htown747</a>: “@<a href="https://twitter.com/googlefacts">googlefacts</a>: A Toyota is created in 13 hrs. A Rolls Royce takes 6 mth to build.”CC @<a href="https://twitter.com/highway_30">highway_30</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23patience">#patience</a>” <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23AnxietyTroopers">#AnxietyTroopers</a></p>&mdash; Rameday (@Daywuraola) <a href="https://twitter.com/Daywuraola/status/257312714542682112" data-datetime="2012-10-14T02:51:46+00:00">October 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>