1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Don Poier dead at 53

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RKMAN, Jan 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

2. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

I don't know much about other announcers. But I'd been listening to him since the days when the grizzlies were still in Vancouver. Also, he's in a few of my NBA Live game series.

Quite sad.

3. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

wow, never thought this would hit clutchcity. but i of course listened to the man for hundreds of games, being a vancouverite and all. i felt like he was a personal friend. he was the one man who never believed the grizzlies ever committed a foul and he was the one man who really felt what the loyal vancouver grizzlies fans felt in the loss of the team. he continued his friendly character in his transition to memphis and he showed all a man who had a very genuine character.

the poierisms out there are great - as was this man.

very very sad news.

RIP Don

4. aaaa

aaaa Member

Yeah i don't post much, but i just have to do this.

As a vancouverite I listened to this man a lot. With all the changes that came to the team every year, it seemed like there was only one thing that stayed constant -- don poier. I still remembered his last broadcast on that last vancouver grizzlies game. So emotional.

R.I.P.