1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Derek Fisher FINALLY Fined for Flopping.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Kruze10, May 6, 2013.

1. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

How the hell wasn't Martin fined?!?!? Better yet, how the hell has Fisher not been fined before?!?!? I can remember 3 plays in the 1st round that were clear flops....

Here is the link:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...her-oklahoma-city-thunder-gets-fined-flopping

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City's Derek Fisher was fined by the NBA on Monday for flopping in Game 5 of the Thunder's first-round playoff series against the Houston Rockets.

Fisher's fine was the result of a play in the second quarter when both he and teammate Kevin Martin fell backward onto the floor to take a charge against Houston center Omer Asik. Asik was called for an offensive foul on the play.

Fisher became the second player to be fined under the NBA's new rules against flopping in the postseason. Indiana's Jeff Pendergraph was fined on Sunday.

In the playoffs, the NBA is fining players $5,000 for their first flopping offense, $10,000 for the second offense, $15,000 for the third flop and $30,000 the fourth time.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I think the only reason it finally happened is because the replay made the rounds on the internet and tv highlights making fun of it.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Yeah that gif was out before the game ended.

4. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

$5000 is like a dime to nba player. Great! He just dropped a dime!! woohoo :D

How about something like first offense: $5000 second - fifth offense: one game suspension 6th offense: 3 games suspension + fine etc...

gosh.. I just hate floppers.. these fish be floppinggggg

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

If they did that then Harden would miss a ton of games

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Bellinelli fined for making "inappropriate gestures"

:rolleyes:

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure there's like 3 threads on this in the GARM, but yeah, he should have gotten fined at least three or four times.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I thought this would be more appropriate for Fisher

[​IMG]

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

As much as Fisher flops he should be paying the league just to step on the court.

11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Better version...

[​IMG]

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

same with a bunch of the other flopping fines that have occurred this season

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The way this flopping penalty is structured, no player will even take notice till the 3rd or 4th offense.

And the fact that world class floppers like Fisher get away with 90% of them without a fine means he can flop 30-40 times a season and not worry.

Some rule :rolleyes:

14. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

$5,000 for first flopping offense? Good thing the NBA caught it early before Fisher became a chronic flopper. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  15. CP30

CP30 Member

There were literally over 15 flops from the Thunder in that series including about 5 in one game.

It's hard to believe that they were only fined for one after all that.

The difference with Harden is he actually tends to get fouled. He puts his arms out which forces the defender to try to get the ball but they usually hit him on the arm instead and pretty hard too.

He does flop sometimes but he's definitely one of the few guys out there who goes to the free throw line a lot that actually gets fouled.

Besides look at Lin. I can't count how many times he's fouled someone's elbow with his nose or someone's hand with his head. By that I mean, obviously, he for whatever reason was called for a ton of fouls even though he was the one being fouled.

One thing I didn't like about Scola when he played with us is that he flopped a lot.

This Rockets team we have now though gets way more bad calls against them than they do for them. Overall we don't flop very much which I like because to me flopping is essentially cheating.