1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN.com: Rockets still have options without Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lgasiii, Jun 30, 2009.

1. giggity12345

giggity12345 Member

Sorry but every true Texan knows that Austin and Houston are the two best cities in Texas with Dallas and San Antonio pretty far behind....Dallas = too conservative and San Antonio = Mexico haha jk. But seriously Houston is the best because we have the best restaurants, Dallas can't even touch us in that department.

2. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

Doc - Can you expand, or is this another Toyota Truck giveaway comment?

3. declan32001

declan32001 Member

You've been posting things that make a great deal of sense to me in the last two days that I've been too emotionally disturbed to come up with. Bless you. :)

The one thing I did think about yesterday is why the "news" broke exactly before the FA contact/signing period begins, so I have a slightly different slant on the "championship contending Houston Rockets" we-want-Bosh (and we do) scenario:

It may be that we want to be less threating to our WC rivals and there's a GM out there somewhere that would feel less heat for dealing with us now.

If that's even a subtle edge in negotiations that seems exactly like something in Morey's wheelhouse. It is possible...

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

OP: Thanks for posting that article, it was a really good read.

It's comforting to think that the Rockets' front office could be so clever (and EVIL! haha); but highly unprobable. Unless Yao is in on the ploy you described, I doubt they'd intentionally want to screw with the trust/relationship they have with Yao just to minimally increase their chances of getting Bosh. Also, the rumours so far have been for Amare and not Bosh.

5. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I'm just going to say it...whatever he is "soft"....I don't care.

Chris Bosh is 10x more dynamic than Amare, and he actually cares about a team as well. I would be completely pumped to have him on our team.

Anyways, don't get too riled up by Hollinger. You can just tell by looking at him that he is the kind who would come down and complain about the weather all day. I like to think our swamp-like weather weeds out the p*****s that inhabit most major cities, so we can enjoy what Houston has to offer ourselves.

Read them and weep haters - http://www.houston.org/economic-development/ratings-rankings/index.aspx

The Kiplinger ratings were a very interesting read as well.

6. stangend77

stangend77 Member

right? .....i have family there and its just as hot and humid as houston in the summer :confused: