1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Chad Ford's Mock Draft #3 - Rockets pick Wayne Simien

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 22, 2005.

1. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

all we gotta do is draft someone that can actually contribute to the team...adn sign chris anderson and antionio daniels..and we should be set

2. mduke

mduke Member

I love Graham and he's one of the best offensive players I've ever seen but he doesn't play a lick of defense. Not sure I'd want him guarding guys like Kobe and Lebron;)

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Really? One of the best offensive players you've ever seen? I saw some clips of him, and he didn't wow me at all offensively. And all the scouting reports say his handle is pretty suspect. I also find it hard to believe that Eddie Sutton would let him slide by without playing defense.

And JVG would never tolerate that kind of stuff either. Graham has the tools to be a good defender, and on the rockets he'd have a coach that would pretty much browbeat him into doing so. If he falls into the mid first round, I think he's worth trading up to get.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

As the draft nears I have changed my stance. I was all about Simien until the Chicago workouts, but now I say we need to get Hakim Warrick, Ike Diogu, or Joey Graham at all costs. Give away whoever the hell we need to. Each of these guys will become something special. Book it.

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Joey Graham is a beast, unbelievable physical specimen.

6. mduke

mduke Member

Maybe I overstated...he is definitely one of the best physical specimen I've ever seen, he's an absolute beast. He overpowers smaller guys and is quick enough to get by bigger guys...plus he can shoot it. One of the most versatile offensive players I've seen.

And Eddie Sutton bashed his defense all year, btw.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Looking at this draft I have no idea who's going to be a star. Not even Bogut or Williams are slam dunks, imo. Diogu and Graham would be my picks, but after Eddie Griffin I'm not going to make any predictions.