1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Asik unhappy, may force trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd trade Lin for Anderson. I'd pass on trading Lin or Asik for Ilyasova. I wouldn't trade Asik for either straight up. Asik is just a better value than those guys.

2. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

NOP fans in other forums honestly believe that we would have to add Jones to an Asik/Anderson swap. All I can do is laugh, like Morey would ever lose a deal to Demps....

3. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

Why would NOH trade Anderson for Lin when they already traded for Jrue Holiday? *face palm*

It's either Asik or nothing will happen.

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Majority of the ones I saw is them asking for Parsons/Asik, HA

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They wouldn't. I don't think anybody actually believes they'd take Lin.

6. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

Objectively speaking, it is totally understandable that Asik wants out. Don't blame him. If he goes back to be a bench player for next 4 years? with the Rockets, he will eventually lose his chance to go anywhere else. If he can go now, then he should go for his own sake. Of course, if he can't for whatever reason, then that's another issue.

NBA is a cruel world of sport, after a couple of years from now, nobody will give a look to a bench center.

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Of course every player is on the table given the 'right' trade but from Morey's recent interviews and this McHale quote, it seems seems like the Rockets 'intend' to keep Asik and Lin.

People are understandably getting a little trade happy after landing Dwight. I'm all for keeping some of that team chemistry we built up last year.

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

Houston Rockets center Omer Asik has formally asked the team to trade him in the wake of the team landing Dwight Howard in free agency. But the Rockets have no plans to grant Asik's wish, sources told ESPN.com. ESPN.com

On Sunday at the Orlando Pro Summer League, Rockets' coach Kevin McHale said the team will try to mend fences with Asik. "With Omer, he had a great year for us last year and really became one of the top centers in the league," McHale said. "It's just when you have an opportunity to get Dwight, it's hard not to. I'm sure Omer right now is a little down in the dumps, but we'll pick him up."

McHale said he can see lineups when Asik and Howard would play together in addition to Asik, who along with Howard would create perhaps the best defensive and rebounding rotation in the league, backing Howard up. McHale called to mind the 1980s when the Rockets used lineups with Hakeem Olajuwon and Ralph Sampson. "You do play two bigs," McHale said. "You have to get spacing and you have to make sure your small guys have got to make sure they keep the court spaced."

9. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thank you for finding that story!

YEEEEEEESSSSS!

BRING ON THE TWIN TOWERS!

Did I not predict this 7 weeks ago!

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Howard
    Asik

:p

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

That Calderon rumor seemed hard to believe at first but it's becoming believable.

11. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

I would hold onto asik. His value is higher than anyone available right now. I would hold onto him until higher value players become available. Example being including him in packages for love, aldridge IF anything like that comes up. anderson is a perfect fit for us but that shouldnt mean we should give up a higher value player

12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Isn't that just predicting Howard would sign w/ Houston? :p

13. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Yes, I predicted that but it also means that I predicted Asik wouldn't be traded in that event AND the coaching staff would entertain starting both of them together.

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Because the Rockets always keep their word. :rolleyes:

Morey in the past:
    Lowry-Brooks can play together, no plans of trading either
    Lowry-Dragic can play together, no plans of trading either
    Dalembert will be back, no plans of trading him
    Highly unlikely to make trades at the deadline...

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

A week before the Harden trade (which had been in the works for a long time). Morey spoke on the radio and said that this would be the team going forward and that the playoffs was in grasp.

16. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Exactly. They have to keep his trade value high. If the other team knows 100% that you have to get rid of a player, all they will do is low ball you.

17. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Sure. I'm just happy with the McHale quote and I might be getting ahead of myself but only time will tell. Just being a happy punter when my bets come true.

Time to start the Twin Towers campaign since the Dwight2Houston one was successful.

TWO MAX NO TAX replaced with THE TALE OF TWO TOWERS???

18. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Not saying you didn't, but so did half the GARM :p And seeing as how the summer isn't even over yet, so far all you've predicted is the default upon Dwight signing w/ Houston haha.

Just saying, not THAT impressive predicting something that is sort of a default option AND where a significant portion of the GARM was saying would quite possibly happen (I know I did :p).

Now if you said 7 weeks ago we'd get Dwight and Asik would be moved for Ersan Ilyasova or even Ryan Anderson and it happened...then mad props :)

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Thank God they said no. :)