1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN and Zach Lowe just LOL @ the bunch of knee-jerk fans here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Jul 8, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Nuggets are better.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Lol. So many people are just dumping their purses out onto the table....

We are okay. The Spurs aren’t better than us with Marcus and Carroll.

3. dmoneybangbang

Than us? No.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

No they are not, they lost to a team who got swept by the Warriors. They have beaten us exactly ONCE(or twice cant remember) in the last three years. Jockic is an absolute liability with Capela and Harden on the floor and thats not changing. They arent better than us. Jeremy Grant isnt changing that.

mikol13, jcf, tmoney1101 and 7 others like this.
  5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Well that should def help early in the season but we are going to add someone. I’m surprised Rockets fans aren’t familiar with the process. We always try to get better mid season.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Do you have any investment advice? With a mind like yours, you should invest other people's money. You're a good and clear thinker and you clearly know how to pick a winner.

jcf, tmoney1101, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree, but that is not by choice, I'm convinced. GMS mid season, when they have no choice, unblock Morey. That is still no guarantee they will even pick up the phone.. Buyout market or bust!

8. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Knee Jerkers? No such thing.

You just get dudes wanting to 'fellate PJ Tucker' and 'sex Capela' after they make game winning plays down the stretch.

And then call for the death penalty when PJ misses a three in the fourth or Capela gets played off the floor by Draymond

I love Clutchfans

9. Nook

Nook Member

Okay....

Last year the Rockets didn't even use the full MLE and we played all season without a long swing...... and we lost a tough series to the Warriors.

This year we........ resigned House.... when we could have last season..... and we have done nothing else except bring back Rivers for the minimum.

NOTHING.

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey and his mouthpieces before striking out on star agents: "we're going to do everything we can to upgrade this roster, no one is safe!"

Morey and his mouthpieces after striking out on everyone including role players: "we love continuity around here! we're the only team that can bring back all their starters!"

11. Bshaud

Bshaud New Member

I think the general dissatisfaction of the fans isn't the lack of making a big splash, it's the fact other teams are improving areas of deficiencies, whereas the Rockets haven't addressed any of theirs.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed that continuity is valuable. That doesn’t mean you don’t continue to improve the team. We didn’t improve the team last offseason, in fact we took a step backwards, and we haven’t improved the team this offseason. We have glaring holes in our roster that have been exploited by other teams. That’s why we didn’t even make it to the WCF. Until we improve the team I don’t want to hear about being a knee jerk fan. We deserve better than what’s happening right now...a whole lot of nothing.

slothy420, thedreamsteam and mastan like this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

To be fair we was better then those teams to begin with..sooooo

tmoney1101, Denovo, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ahhh gsw lol

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I doubt it

airflights92 and don grahamleone like this.
  16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Chemistry is the most important thing at this point. I would much happier if I saw videos of the team together in the offseason versus signing a random FA. They need to rekindle that chemistry they had before the 65 win season. I have a feeling Trevor had a lot to do with that, which was why I was so bummed when he left.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

[​IMG]

HP3 and don grahamleone like this.
  18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I’m on both sides. I think, as we stand and with the addition of a Tyson Chandler-esque backup 5, we will be in the top 4 and in the mix for a Finals birth.

However, I also think we could have made ourselves clear favorites with 1 or 2 moves in addition to a backup C. Jamychal Green, Alec Burks, Jerami Grant. All wings that are perfect fits for our system.

19. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

It is not knee jerk if you look back 5 years later lamenting the fact that Rockets didn't win the championship despite having the best offensive player in the world in his prime.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

There also seem to be quite a few "glass is completely empty and there's a gaping hole in the bottom" people here lately.