1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN 710) John Ireland reporting CP3 to Lakers rumor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 28, 2019.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Pelinka plz

raining threes and J.R. like this.
  2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Running it back, just to discover we still can't beat the Warriors, cost the Rockets $160 million and any chance at developing young draft picks and cap flexibility for the next 3 years. Wow!

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't think there's anyone on earth apart from Dwight Howard's 38 kids, that thinks Harden 'pushed' Dwight out of Houston.

The one constant in every single place Dwight has been in except maybe Orlando, is they are happy to see him walking out that door. That is a Dwight problem, not a Harden problem.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So....Chris Paul to the Lakers for free?

Sounds like most Lakers rumors. Lmfaoooo.

Clutch and justtxyank like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

We should have let CP3 leave, had no meaningful cap space and "developed" 2nd round picks. That way 5 years from now we might be able to compete again!

DVauthrin and Y2JT like this.
  6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

TSDR after the bolded part

7. jayland

jayland Member

Has the Laker's shadow GM Lebron okay this? Maybe Lebron wants to be in State Farm commercials too.

8. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Agree. CP3 has played 62, 60 and 58 games in his past three seasons with steep statistical drop off, and less athleticism via eye test. With his mileage, bad hamstrings and knee, there is a high chance of continuous decline. If the Lakers want (or are willing) to pair the 3 years left of LeBron’s deal with the 3 years left of CP3’s deal, you have to listen.

Why not? and hakeem94 like this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Saw that from the bench or the operating table?

hakeem94, jboslett and justtxyank like this.
  10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

The lakers have cap space don’t they? Couldn’t they just absorb CP3 and we get a max contract sized TPE? Honestly it sounds crazy to give him up for just a TPE but I don’t see an upside to CP3’s contract vs his production going forward. At least with a TPE we could improve the team should a max player shake lose that wouldn’t mind teaming up with Harden.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'm almost embarrassed for Laker fans.. They are reaching NY Knick-level with their delusions.

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

The nets are semi star away from doing great in the east. If you had cp3 with that crew in the east, he could really elevate there game. I wonder if they give away Joe Harris,

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y3q7yudp

Ask them for #31 pick, Morey always good at picking in 2nd round, plus Nj Owns the 1st pick in the 2nd round. Your Getting a expiring, Joe Harris. Seems like a great trade. Im sure you might have to throw future 1st rounder 2021, there way to get them to bite on that contract but hey gets you tons of cap, and maybe #31 pick now. You could make big changes come feb deadline, and start signing folks around Harden sooner rather than never, and stuck at ever getting anywhere in free agency.

13. macan

macan Member

so after all these years CP3 finally a laker?? david stern faints..

chadyang likes this.
  14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris Paul had some poor games, no doubt, but he's a special player. You don't get better by just removing his contract. He's incredibly smart... Jamal Crawford raved about his intelligence on and off the floor. His contract will age better than Westbrook's. He's good with Harden and invaluable when Harden is off the floor.

Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and the 4th pick are all interesting assets to some degree... but those are all very young pieces that haven't shown they can shoot yet (though I'm intrigued by DeAndre Hunter at 4).

No way would I trade CP3 just to unload his contract though.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

CP3 is making 40 million dollar. He is pretty much a negative asset at this point.

ilias and GotGame15 like this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

As I said, January is the trade time, not summer.
    It’s happening.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Normally I’d agree but it’s clear having him on the roster isn’t enough. Keeping him we’d still be a really good team but after two swings at the warriors he’s not enough and with him there’s no way to substantially improve this roster. Going from good to great is going to require more risk during Harden’s prime years.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Anything negative against the Rockets I guess

19. xaos

xaos Member

If that is the outcome, it was worth the risk. Obviously just speaking for myself here

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'll do CP3 for Bronny