1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ESPN 30 for 30

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Mar 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

thanks tinman but i was looking for a stream for the entire thing. it looks pretty fun

2. LScolaDominates

It sucked. The main themes of the doc were poorly developed and the interviews were forced, if not scripted.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

New 30 for 30 out is on the origins of Fantasy Baseball. It is pretty interesting and humorous. Although most of the people involved in that first league were uber nerds.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKixZLNqY2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKixZLNqY2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. tinman

Supporting Member

reminder: Tupac / Tyson on ESPN 30 for 30 tonight!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SARLsFYdZU4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SARLsFYdZU4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

What exactly makes this something that would be shown on ESPN? Is it just because Tupac was going to an after party after a Tyson fight? Was there more of a connection to sports that I don't know about? :confused:

7. tinman

Supporting Member

watch it. it's more of a connection than you think. not only did that change everything for tupac, it did for tyson too.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OCXpsdyFy-0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OCXpsdyFy-0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. da1

da1 Member

The one about Colombian soccer was excellent. Same with the South African one.

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Gonna watch the Tyson-Tupac one tonight.....

ima fan of both.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

This is going to be one of the best ones. At least that is my expectations. I can't wait.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

ok if you watched it, then you'll understand this 'what if'

Tyson said that he had a new born daughter and he wanted to go see her instead of hanging out with Tupac after the fight.

If Tyson had hung out with Tupac instead of Tupac hanging out with Suge Knight, things would have been different.

both of these guys were accused of rape, which they have denied.

13. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

Is no one going to bring up the most recent 30 for 30 documentary on the Bad Boys Detroit Pistons?

Very fascinating look into the back-to-back championship run and all the adversity leading up to it. Since I became a basketball fan in the 90s, there was so much I didn't know about this team. The Dantley/Aguirre trade changed the make-up of the team. Mahorn being picked up by the expansion draft was painful to watch. And it was fascinating to see how Isiah Thomas went from a mini-Magic to the anti-hero of the NBA Golden Age. He and the rest of the Bad Boys has earned my respect (and disrespect in some ways).

I definitely recommend it as one of the best basketball-based 30 for 30 documentaries.

It actually gives me hope for a "Clutch City" one somewhere down the line. No where near as controversial as the Bad Boys Pistons, but "Clutch City" can be a redemption story from a painful history of choke jobs in Houston sports, overcoming the adversity of injuries (Ralph Sampson), a great underdog story (2nd title run), a deeper look into Hakeem's spiritual change, the rise and fall of Mad Max, Drexler's homecoming, the coaching change with Rudy and the subsequent "Heart of a Champion" quote.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Actually caught the Tonya Harding one on Netflix recently and enjoyed it. I was only in high school back then so wouldn't have read or watched the news well enough to follow the story or class dynamic the way can now online, but Harding looked like a lot of girls in school and always thought she was cute. The whole series: actually, just the Miami, SMU, Ben Johnson and Bo Jackson episodes alone, certainly make up for ESPN not digitizing SportsCentury. I think I've seen The U like ten times, those guys were so ****ing badass.

15. New Generation

I've never watched a 30 for 30 before, but I came on to this one after the Harden interview and I couldn't stop watching. It was truly a great documentary that taught me a lot.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I loved Bad Boys. One of the better 30 for 30's I've seen them do in a while.

My Top 10:

1. Fab Five
    2. Two Escobars
    3. Hillsborough
    4. Pony Excess
    5. Requiem for the Big East
    6. Without Bias
    7. Survive and Advance
    8. Winning Time
    9. Bad Boys
    10. Unguarded

"The U" is one of everybody's favorites, but it just didn't really do it for me for some reason.

17. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

No love for "June 17th, 1994"? A wide range of sports covered over the course of a single day. And man, it makes those ketchup & mustard championship jerseys look good.

18. SuraGotMadHops

Catching Hell was incredible, that's my favorite one.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Bad Boys doc was excellent. They get lost in the whole Bird, Magic, Jordan thing but they were great, super talented teams.

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I've liked all of them except the athletes going broke one.