1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] 30 for 30 Shorts: Posterized

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, May 21, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nice find

Rocket River

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Great piece. I think Bradley was a serviceable big man, unfortunately, most of us didn't really follow his career aside of the highlights ESPN showed us. I think it takes courage for a center to go up and challenge dunks. I always remembered Shaq shying away from challenging dunks, he would just move aside. This is a testament of how great Hakeem was and how he narrowed his odds of getting dunked on, based on how willing he was to challenge dunkers and actually denying them.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

If you are a defensive player and actual want to challenge and change peoples shots, you are going to get dunked one time or another. It happens to all great defenders and as it was said in the video, for all the times you see a posterized dunk, there are probably 5 other times he blocked people or changed their shots.

This goes for every big man that actually has the gall to get up and put themselves in a position to make a play.

5. yo

yo Contributing Member

Great short, good story about him taking the fine for not going to the strip club. Seems like a good guy.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

"Is it hotter because your closer to the sun" LMAO...couldnt stop laughing

Jeff said it best, you should be judged over the course of your life time, not the 12 years he played in the NBA. Shawn living life to the fullest. Nice story by ESPN.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I think Dream had a quote that essentially said if you want to block shots and you challenge people, you have to know you're going to get dunked on at times.

8. what

what Member

While Shawn Bradley was never the quote unquote revolutionary player that he was tabbed to be, WHAT I remember is many of the teams he played for were glad that they had shawn bradley on their team.

He made most of the teams he was on better. He made 70 million dollars for a reason.

9. izeroi

izeroi Member

Great short piece to watch. Have more respect for him after seeing that.

10. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Great short film by espn , love it when JVG was asked if Bradley has the laugh , his response " Hell Yes !!!

11. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Boooooo!! Y'all got me with the okie doke. I'm expecting to see stories delving into dunks, and I gotta listen to Bradley talk about his life.

13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Dude has a strong constitution. Even if he didn't live up to the hype, you have to appreciate the passion in his beliefs and sticking to his guns when everyone around him was pushing him to do the opposite.

14. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I don't think he's a failure and this documentary did his great justice.

- He was a high draft pick
    - Played 12 years in the NBA!!! How many players can claim that??
    - Played some solid minutes for his teams, wasn't just a nobody bench player who never saw court
    - Has a great marriage and family
    - Transitioned nicely to normal life after NBA and is doing something that he feels passionately about

How many people on this Earth can claim that? Seriously that is a one heck of a guy right there. I applaud him for his accomplishments.

15. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Great find. Thanks for sharing. Ghetto riding? Illegal? LOL wouldn't surprise me in Utah.