1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] 2018-2019 NBA Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

not really...they were a +32 with Melo on the bench, and their defense improved by over 10 points/100 possessions when Melo was off the court

2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Serious question. Do these stats matter but not Ariza's metrics stats vs Golden State?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Thunder Defensive Rating vs Jazz- Best to Worst

Huestis- 103
    Anthony- 106
    Westbrook- 106
    Abrines- 107
    Felton- 109
    Brewer- 109
    Grant- 109
    George- 109
    Adams- 110
    Patterson- 114
    Ferguson-122
    Johnson- 126

Why do guys keep saying Melo was terrible defensively the Jazz when he had the 2nd lowest DRTG on the team?

It was his ORTG that was terrible (89)

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why do u keep focusing on individual defensive rating? OKC’s defensive rating was a horrendous 109.8 when Melo was on the court, and improved to an incredible 98.2 when he hit the bench. The improvement in their offense was even greater. Melo was terrible on both ends in the playoffs. How u can’t acknowledge that is beyond me.

Bro, u can’t tell me u thought Melo was passable on either end while watching that series.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

It was 106 when Melo was on the court and 108.5 on average for the series. Unless we're getting data from two different sources. Offense is obvious Melo was 89, their ORTG on average was 104. Thats where the difference was not defense.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...n-conference-first-round-jazz-vs-thunder.html

I'm acknowledging the facts.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m pretty sure what you’re referencing is Melo’s own individual defensive rating, not what the team’s defensive rating was while he was on the court

I am referencing what OKC’s defensive rating as a team was while he was on the court via NBA.com

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

At first I was okay with losing Luc and Trev once we brought in Ennis and now Melo. But the last few days I’ve started to become very worrisome about our D. Especially with Melo.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No doubt that the defense needs to improve. Think of Melo as a replacement for RA. Melo will be a 4/3. Another swingman is needed.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Our offseason was meh compared to landing boogie or Kawaii. Celtics getting 2 big contributors after making the ECF without them is filthy.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what is truly filthy is harden capela and cp3 having the best record in the history of the league 42-3... i expect it to remain so...nobody, ever had those numbers, from the very beggining of NBA to now...

Sooty likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum those Early Power rankings, thinking they are all that important.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can't process that without being either angry or depressed.