1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN’s Royce Young: Harden Is Ruining Pro Sports/Stepback Should Be Banned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Apr 17, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

reporters crying on live natl tv should be banned in the nba

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Royce Young is a joke, ESPN fired all their good staff and forgot that Royce Young existed in OKC.

Hakeemtheking, DonKnock and dc rock like this.
  3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

What a *****. Now he can back to Russ' nuts where he belongs.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That tweet looks to have been deleted, because of this:

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That's sad but I listened to a various basketball podcasts the last 2 says and he sounded jovial as hell on all of them talking Westbrooks big game in the OKC comeback.

6. durvasa

*shaking head*

Knowing what we know about what he's going through (not just his brother, also a little over a year since the death of his daughter), how about we don't assume anything about what's going on in his head in this moment and just let it go? Not the time to be blasting a guy on the internet and promoting "Haha -- he was crying over Westbrook!" memes.

MrButtocks likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Prayers for Royce Young. Sounds like he has gone through it. I'm still going to hold onto that feeling I had seeing him tear up on TV after OKC lost before I knew he was going through all this personal tragedy. Even with all the stuff he is going through, he still said all those things about the Rockets and will continue to say these things. Doesn't change that.

If Royce is well enough to continue to do his job, It should be ok for me to make fun of his opinions, right?

Sports are a distraction for all of us.

8. Houston112

Houston112 Member

Oh hush up, if okc won last night Royce young would still be on podcast trashing our mvp james harden

9. durvasa

I think it is one thing to continue to mock a guy for appearing tired or on the verge of tears even when having some idea of what is going on in his personal life.

It's another to disagree strongly and vocally with his basketball opinions due to (primarily) fan allegiance and bitterness about a past MVP vote.

Two separate things. Let's not mix them up and engage in one because of the other.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think personal disrespect or ill will is implied by rubbing a guy's ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC sports opinions back at him on the same outlets he uses to express them. It's not as if we are taunting him face to face or sending letters to his house. When you leave a wake of absurd comments on twitter, you should expect a response.

The timing is unfortunate but coincidental only. Calling Royce out for bad sports takes has nothing to do with Royce's brother's health.

Have I mentioned that he says really dumb stuff? It's like if basketballholic took Calvin Watkins' old role on ESPN.

DonKnock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

which is what i've been saying, however i do tend to agree his rhythm was a little off, but i've seen the play for different people happen so often that i'm pretty sure they're calling the jump step based on the take off rather than the landing sync.

As for them reading this forum, they need to stop taking our shitposting any more seriously than we take their work.

12. durvasa

It does if you're turning an expression on his face into a "he's bad at his job" jab, even when knowing that expression could very well have something to do with what's going on in his personal life.

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I've come to sort of respect the way Watkins covered the Rockets, particularly compared to Young. Better to be cynical, even if over the top with it, than the other extreme. Young should write for the Thunder website (sort of like *Friedman used to for the Rockets) or cover the Thunder for their local broadcast. A beat reporter on a national outlet has to be more objective and professional.

*Not comparing Young to Friedman, just the gig.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Shouldn't Young be at the hospital giving support to his brother instead? I know I would.

DonKnock and J.R. like this.
  15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The prayers should go to his brother.

DonKnock and DreamShook like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's going through some personal stuff so he was crying on live TV. LOL Good one. More like his OKC Westbrooks just got eliminated.

Like was he crying during the course of the game? Crying watching the game? Crying writing his game story? Crying the entire night?

As @Hakeemtheking said, your brother just had surgery and you're not with him? You're not by his side? The hell with the Thunder or basketball.

DonKnock, htownrox1 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. vince

vince Member

Good sum up!

18. durvasa

It just gets worse and worse with you people.

Who are you to decide how he should deal/cope with his personal life and balance that with his professional life?

Mock and criticize his basketball opinions all you like, but these personal attacks are just vile, vindictive BS.

Daddy Long Legs and tycoonchip like this.
  19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Well, while I feel for him and wish no I'll towards him or his family, yet he remains a b-ball moron who trashes harden for no reason other than his boyfriend Russ is a loser and wants more harden rules because it's the only way they can stop the rockets' dominance, with the help of the refs

20. durvasa

Would you agree or disagree that his desire for more rules to contain a Harden is a common sentiment held not only within the media, but in general amongst NBA fans? That’s sure what it seems like to me from reading what other fans say on the internet.

That doesn’t justify it, but if a lot of people hold that opinion maybe it isn’t so much “moronic” as they just differ on how the game should be played.