1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ersan Ilyasova to Detroit for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Amel, Jun 11, 2015.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The fact that non-guaranteeds in and of themselves were enough to land Ersan could be very encouraging to other teams with a large number of non-guaranteed salaries... like the Rockets.

(Of course, the tricky thing is the timing, since teams looking for salary dumps would obviously prefer to do deals prior to free agency... while the Rockets would like to retain Pap/Prigs until July in case they're able to reel in a big fish. So...)

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think it's happened the previous 2 years in a row. The first time I realized it was possible is when Webber was traded for Richmond. Completely blew my mind.

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I wouldn't plan on moving to Milwaukee if I were Butler. He'll be released as soon as the deal is completed.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No FA worth anything is going to Milwaukee.

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I agree, if SVG thought they struggled with a frontcourt of Monroe/Drummond I don't see how Ilyasova helps you unless by some miracle giving more room for Andre to work in the paint somehow miraculously makes the Pistons better.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Jalen predicted Knicks... makes sense.

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Um...

Okay.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ersan is one of the biggest teases in the NBA. He'll suck for three quarters of a season and then look like an all-star.

9. basketballholic

SVG is getting his shooters lined up.

Wonder what he'd do if we offered Trevor and #32 for #8 and Jennings?

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That seems to be the idea. Basically you are saying Andre Drummond, this is your frontcourt now. He's not ready for that, obviously, but the team wasn't ready for the big time anyway. They're better off letting their young guys like Drummond learn on the job another year, this time as more of a focal point offensively, get another high draft pick next year.

I think this is a decent trade for both teams.
    - Milwaukee gets cap relief.
    - Detroit gets a player that might help spread the floor for Drummond, and who if not has a contract that should be valuable at the trade deadline, and if not to that, has a contract that expires at year end... and if non of those things turn out beneficial for the Pistons, they weren't using Butler or Williams and still have cap room this summer to do things if they want.

The only thing you might have been able to argue would have been the Pistons might have gotten something better if they waited.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Im glad for this trade. Benefits both teams. Just worried a bit on who exactly the Bucks are planning to max/ pay big $ to. I hope its not brook lopez and rondo. Probably Tyson.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Butler will be allowed to manage all of his investments much closer now!

[​IMG]

Hijacking this thread for Butler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JoQ1TnqPIX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Space City

Space City Member

With MCW, Jabari Parker, and the Greek Freak already on the roster, they're just one legitimate big man and a couple years away from being something special. Also, they could have a decent bench if Tyler Ennis and Miles Plumlee pan out and play next to OJ Mayo, Khris Middleton, and one of Pachulia/Henson.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

If you're at the early part of free agency, and it doesn't look like Love or LMA are coming here, I would seriously consider trading KPap and Prig for Lance Stephenson and a couple of 2nds.

15. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Caron Butler would be good here. We could sign him for the vet min & use K-Pap as trade bait.

You could play Butler at the 3 and Brewer at the 2.

16. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

I seem to recall another slow footed, late-20s Turkish stretch 4 who Stan Van Gundy turned into a pretty damn good player.

Ersan is going to have a 2008 Hedo-esque season. That Pistons team is becoming a replica of the 2007-2010 Magic.

Howard = Drummond
    Turkoglu = Ersan
    Lewis = ? maybe they sign Jeff Green? he's very similar to Rashard Lewis
    Jameer = Jennings

17. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Tyson Chandler is a FA this summer, he'd be an excellent fit in Milwaukee.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I expect the Bucks to take a shot at DeAndre Jordan. Why not, right?

They can offer him the max and re-sign Middleton afterwards.

MCW/Ennis
    Middleton/Bayless/1st rd pick
    Giannis/Inglis
    Jabari/Zaza
    Deandre/Henson/Plumlee

I'd chalk that up as a successful offseason

#38 shastarocket, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

What sane person would leave LA for Milwaukee ?

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Interesting trade for the Bucks for that purpose alone. If Chandler can stay healthy he'd completely change that team in a good way. Plus you have the Kidd Tyson relationship from Dallas. The Mavs have been courting D Jordan ever since they were eliminated so they obviously are already ready to let him walk unless it's for a bargain rate. Could be an interesting team next year if they make this happen and maybe one more signing/trade.