1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ernie Johnsons Rockets prediction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tracymcgrady001, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Actually I'd say Spurs will finish 6th and Hornets 2nd

2. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

spurs # is not right. it should 57 - 25. in this case, spurs has to win 13 of 15 games in the rest of season. To me, they are capable to do it if they can raise their intensity but in regular season they hasn't showed me they want to do it.

hornets will only win 7 of 15 games. it doesn't sound very reasonable.

my guess is either we are at 3 or 5 seed. spurs will stay at 6th. fakers and hornets will be #1 and #2 in no specific order. since denver won't catch up utah. utah will take 4th seed pretty much sure no matter how bad they play in the rest of season.

3. Asian Sensation

I think we will finish 6th and I HOPE NO finishes 3rd. A matchup against them with the pressure on them being a higher seed and us flying under the radar makes a perfect scenario for us to get to the second round. I don't think the home court matters to the Rockets as much compared to other teams.

4. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Happy with what? A first round loss? Jazz would probably destroy us and chances of beating NO are slim. I don't see where this 'we would win in 5 or 6 games' is coming from. The only teams we have a realistic chance of beating without any inside presence are Denver and Golden State. We're not beating the Spurs or Suns, or Jazz, or Lakers. dallas and NO are possible but not probable.

As for the prediction, I have no idea where the Rockets will end up (or any team for that matter). We could get a home court or barely hold on the 7th or 8th seed.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I bet it's either the Rockets or Mavericks will win the SW division. These 2 teams have easier schedules than the Spurs and Hornets.

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I agree with the guy that said GSW or Denver.

We will get mauled inside by everyone else. Those are the only teams with no strong offensive presence inside the paint. But even Denver is big in the paint on Defense...

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Actually, it is not bad!

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree, I remember Kevin (KJ) Johnson with the suns in the 90's and how helpless I felt when he would take over games against the rockets. CP3 reminds me alittle bit of KJ. I've learned the hard way to be carefull for what you wish for.

9. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

As long as they don't face Spurs/Lakers/Jazz in the first round, I'm OK with that.
    Style wise, Rockets would love to face NOs,Warriors, and maybe Suns.

Shaq really stinked Suns...

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

i dont think EJ's predictions are any less reliable than Charles' or Kenny's. It's kind of a crapshoot right now. anything can happen since all the teams are so close.