1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Weddle anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Nov 2, 2015.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Bobby was talking about a QB and said "Don't worry."

I'm worried.

2. beardsanity713

definitely any day ill give up an unknown draft pick for an established NFL star... non of our later round picks in the past years are even on the roster anymore most of the 2013 and 2014 picks are no longer on the team

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

So many on here complain about Cushing, Joseph, and whoever else being overpaid. And you want the Texans to get CK's contract????? I don't get you.

Jared Allen plays in a 4-3 defense, not a fit here. Who were the Texans going to send to the Saints for Graham. You see how badly the seahawks miss their center? All signs point towards Davis is declining rapidly.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

what do we do with Mid Round picks anyway?

Rocket River

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

We cut them! Weddle would help in the tackling department. A major issue for our defense

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

All hinges on if he is willing to resign. Not worth an 8 game rental for this team. They're more than a safety away.

7. beardsanity713

So what?? Clowney is a 4-3 D end yet he plays stand up linebacker in a 3-4
    Graham and Davis are still easily better (minus Nukk) than any of our offensive skill players... those players were given up for late round picks...non of our later round picks have panned out..
    My point was that the Texans are not an aggressive franchise while other teams go out and fill needs and not dismiss them that's what separates the Texans from winning organizations.

8. beardsanity713

and who is CK??? i never said anything about this person
    read before you comment thinking you know everything its my opinion im entitled to it..

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Dude. Chill. The "you" in my comment was not to you personally. That's why I started out with "so many people..." You have your opinion, state it. I have mine, and I state it. Novel idea.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

1. Clowney is much younger and cheaper and is not working out as well so far
    2. Allen is older and is earning $8 mil a year.

Vernon Davis is averaging 7+ million a year himself and couldn't do anything to help the 49ers. Sure you can blame it on CK but what are the chances he all of a sudden starts balling in Houston - a team that is almost as bad as the one he's leaving.

Graham was traded for a 1st round pick, not a late round pick.

The Texans went out and got Wilfork and Ed Reed, though they didn't work out, that's aggressive. They went and got Joseph and Manning. Top free agents at their position that year. It may not be producing results but it is not due to a lack of trying

11. awc713

awc713 Member

is picking up defensive schemes as complicated as picking up offensive schemes?