1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Feb 16, 2019.

1. hakeemthagreat

The whole defensive scheme was a liability early in the season

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Chicken and shrimp? Andouille of course but...Okra or no okra? How long on the roux? I need details man.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Interesting. Gordon does play hard on defense with key steals and dribble drives to the bucket fearlessly. But to illustrate your point why this team is weaker it's for a great deal of reasons some already mentioned here on this board. I agree with these 2 playing worse. The loss of Ariza has made such a huge impact on this team. EG has to play out of position now at the 3 defending bigger players and weakening the bench. Tucker has been very inconsistent the last month or so with the corner 3 and just his whole offense period. No Clint. And I have said for several weeks now Danuel House is so valuable to this team and he knows it. His size and skills fit perfectly in the starting 3 spot. The man dribble drove to the bucket and shot timely threes getting the rockets out of a jam. I think they played their best ball during that 8 or 9 game run they had with House beating top teams. The team just and a different energy with the Green House effect. These are the Rox issues. hopefully they get House back and with Clint back they would compete with anyone.

bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yeah a lot of questionable calls from MDA. When the Pelicans were killing us with Okafor or Joel Embiid he kept smaller guys on them like Tucker or Faried and not Hartenstein or hell even Marquise Chriss had a better chance to guard Embiid than Faried. It's just ridiculous how stubborn MDA is. I agree with Clark. the kid played great early on I wonder what happened since then that he's not getting minutes. He was one of the reasons early on that the Rox were able to turn a corner. Very baffling. Which makes me think that maybe he's not doing something in practices that MDA doesn't like combined with experience factor. Nene has played pretty well every time I see him play but again doesn't get the minutes. Faried has played well on the offensive side but blows defensively.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I would buy the whole practice argument with most coaches .....

But MDA is well known for not having a lot of practice .

Must make it hard for young players to get PT

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. TheSource

TheSource Member

We don’t win game 4 or 5 against the warriors last year without Gordon

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Gordon's poor shooting in the first half of the year really hurt us. But, if you look at the last 15 games or so he's shooting a normal 3pt percentage. The problem is he's playimg out of position on defense.

Stephen_A likes this.
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Title: Eric Gordon
    Source: Clutchfans
    Quality of thread: tip top

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A classic image of Eric when he gets called for a foul, every single time. It's nothing new, though. Best I can tell, he's always reacted that way. What I care about is the guy simply playing better than he has been. Where's that guy?

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

EG is getting paid a role players salary so he shouldn't be expected to perform on a level of a star.

Yes he struggles through long slumps, yes he's injury prone, yes he often turns the ball over by dribbling off himself and has complained about being unhappy occasionally but he's been in trade rumors since year 1 he's been here so I don't really blame him. Plus, he's not on a huge contract like Ryno was and is at least trade-able without giving up a 1st.

There are much worse players getting paid the same as him. It makes sense for him to turn down the extension because Morey probably lowballed him (not surprising in the Tilman era). It'll likely be his last potential big contract before he retires so it really makes sense on his end. Obviously, not many people here will tell you that he is worth more than what he's paid now.

It's almost a guarantee that he'll be traded before the deadline next season unless he's playing out of his mind on his contract year.

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

it's why i thought we should have moved on at the deadline. his production is easily replaceable at this point.

That being said, if he can get back to at least 35% then it would help us tremendously. he needs to be coming off the bench.

i'd like to see a stat of our record with him in the starting lineup.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'd love to see someone who knows more about video than I do create one where Eric starts flapping his arms on a no-call, then take off and flies around the arena.

Deckard likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He has sucked even when doing that. This is a scapegoat. He flat out is awful and its becuase his feelings got hurt by trade rumors.

Denovo likes this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

can you stop perpetrating this stupid narrative. Eric Gordon has been awful because he just sucks now. How can the trade rumors even make him suck this much

BasketMAD and Denovo like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s insane how garbage EG has been this season

he’s shooting 29% from deep at home this season

he’s only had 1 month were he’s shot at least league average from 3, and that was January

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

actually in one aspect its pretty close to his last years production

hes had only 1 above average month last year if i recall well and most were below average

now if we only could somehow get him to shoot that above average month this year, in the right time (may-june), that would be AWESOME

18. biff17

biff17 Member

so are you trying to tell me Mello is comparable to Gordon defensively?

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Whats stupid is you thinking people who were perfectly fine players go from fine to suck for no reason lol thats ridiculous. "im not having fun" its clearly psychological. But like most things it goes over your head. Like a long list of things on this board I've said and attacked for but later turned out gee he was right dur.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's not a perfectly fine player, He has been inconsistent as crap and on a decline since his first season here.

This "perfectly fine player" was god awful in the playoffs last year other like 4-5 games. He shot 38% from the field and 33% from the 3 in the playoffs for God's sake. I'm sure it was trade rumors that affected him then too right.

You are just making excuse for a player that lost his shot, since a year ago